Seamoth before aurora explosion

EternalGolemEternalGolem Join Date: 2016-11-04 Member: 223650Members
Somehow I was able to do this using like and stuff. Sorry I don't have screenshots but just take my word and try it for yourself.

Comments

• CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
    What?? Im a little confused here...
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    edited August 2017
    What?? Im a little confused here...

It's entirely possible now to have the Seamoth built before the Aurora detonates. This due to the fact that Seamoth fragments and MVB fragments are far more abundant, and also since the Aurora doesn't detonate until around Day 10, instead of originally around Day 3. Mind you this isn't always the case and there's not much practical use to it, since you need the Pressure Compensator Mk. I module to really go anywhere useful... but it's a thing now. :tongue:
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    and what's wrong with being able to build the seamoth before the Aurora explodes?
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    One can easily have a Seamoth no later than day four. The only limiting factor is the amount of fabricating one can do in the lifepod; you can run that sucker out of energy in a short period of time. If I busted an unbelievable amount of ass and skipped around my normal progression, I could probably get one by day two.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    With the new landscaping in the game, I have found the seamoth parts quickly, but I'm having a devil of a time finding the third part for the construction platform.
    :#
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    With the new landscaping in the game, I have found the seamoth parts quickly, but I'm having a devil of a time finding the third part for the construction platform.
    :#

In both of my recent savefiles (since August Experimental changes) I've found numberous appliance fragments much faster than in the past, but I've been stuck at 2/3 completion for the Scanner Room both times. I'll find the two SR fragments around a Small Wreck near where I start at, but I've yet been able to locate the final one anywhere else - at any other Wrecks, the Aurora or anyplace of possible value.

...But then again, I don't think I'm missing much for gameplay regardless. I mean, it's not like that piece of machinery is gamebreaking in the first place, amirite? :smirk: