Beacons disappear?

GlassDeviantGlassDeviant Terra Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228342Members
No amount of toggling in the Ping manager tab will bring them back, but if I save, exit to menu (or desktop) and reload they appear again. Don't know what it is that makes them shut off but it might be use of the Precursor teleport gates.

Comments

• baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    This is a known bug. In the future, please state if you're running Stable or Experimental, and if Experimental, which build (see the pinned post about bug reporting).
  • JammingSlowlyJammingSlowly USA Join Date: 2016-12-20 Member: 225215Members
    edited August 2017
    Same problem.
    All my nodes were there until I went though a teleporter with my prawn.
    Then they were all gone.
    Not to mention the gun base was reset to where I hadn't touched anything.
    Really weird.
    Don't know if that is because of the update though.
    Playing stable btw.
  • GlassDeviantGlassDeviant Terra Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228342Members
    Started with stable and then switched to experimental, so that may have been a factor. I think the save is now corrupted, haven't had time to reload it since. Will be starting a new game from scratch exclusively in experimental, see what happens then.
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    As someone mentioned, this is a known bug. The "fix" is to quit out of your game and then load it up again. Kind of a pain but it gets your beacons back.
  • GlassDeviantGlassDeviant Terra Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228342Members
    Save wasn't corrupted beyond all recovery, but there's not much left to do since I shut down the cannon. Since the rocket isn't released yet, I guess I will go into creative for the first time and built the base concept I've been mulling over.