[bug] Equipment slots (and items) disappearing [51160]

PrinceVadePrinceVade Join Date: 2017-08-07 Member: 232291Members
Playing a standard survival save, nothing crazy.
Had saved and loaded a few times over the course of a few days, (18 hours of gameplay)
Load up the game, and poof, my inventory items are gone! (screenshot below)

As you can see, I don't just mean the items disappear, I mean that the actual slots to put items in disappeared.
Very strange, this is the second time it's happened as well, but the first time I had a bugged seamoth and moonpool thing, so I was muddling with the console there.

I couldn't find anything online that indicated this was a thing for other people.
I can't even seem to replicate it. The only thing I can think of is that I had just parked my PRAWN in the moonpool prior to saving and exiting, but nothing strange happened there.

Thoughts on fixing the issue? I'd rather not have to restart my save... again.
If it can't be fixed, no biggie; hopefully devs just become aware of it.

lx8vYQl.png

Comments

• PrinceVadePrinceVade Join Date: 2017-08-07 Member: 232291Members
    I found something that looks suspect, but I honestly have no clue. In addition to this, the rest of my output_log.txt is almost 15mB of NullReferenceExceptions of varying objects.
    (Filename: C:/Subnautica/plastic_workspace_unity/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
      at Language.GetFormatImpl (System.String key, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at Language.GetFormat (System.String key, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at Subtitles.Add (System.String key, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at PDANotification.Play (System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at PDANotification.Play () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at Stillsuit.OnEquip (UnityEngine.GameObject sender, System.String slot) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at Equipment.SendEquipmentEvent (.Pickupable pickupable, Int32 eventType, UnityEngine.GameObject owner, System.String slot) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at Equipment.AddItem (System.String slot, .InventoryItem newItem, Boolean forced) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at Equipment.RestoreEquipment (System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 slots, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 items) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at StorageHelper.TransferEquipment (UnityEngine.GameObject source, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 slots, .Equipment equipment) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at StorageHelper.RestoreEquipment (.ProtobufSerializer serializer, System.Byte[] serialItems, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 serialSlots, .Equipment equipment) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at Inventory.OnProtoDeserialize (.ProtobufSerializer serializer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at ProtobufSerializer.DeserializeIntoGameObject (System.IO.Stream stream, .GameObjectData goData, .UniqueIdentifier uid, Boolean forceInactive, Boolean forceParent, UnityEngine.Transform parent, Int32 verbose) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ProtobufSerializer:DeserializeIntoGameObject(Stream, GameObjectData, UniqueIdentifier, Boolean, Boolean, Transform, Int32)
    ProtobufSerializer:DeserializeGameObject(Stream, UniqueIdentifier, Boolean, Transform, Int32)
    SceneObjectData:DeserializeInto(ProtobufSerializer, SceneObjectIdentifier)
    SceneObjectDataSet:TryDeserialize(ProtobufSerializer, SceneObjectIdentifier)
    SceneObjectManager:Load(Stream)
    LargeWorldStreamer:LoadSceneObjects()
    <MountWorldAsync>c__Iterator0:MoveNext()
    CoroutineTask`1:MoveNext()
    SystemExtensions:SafeMoveNext(IEnumerator)
    SystemExtensions:SafeMoveNext(IEnumerator, String)
    UWE.<PumpCoroutine>c__Iterator0:MoveNext()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

(Filename:  Line: -1)

• LulzesLulzes Join Date: 2017-07-25 Member: 232050Members
    edited August 2017
    This is the Stillsuit. Unequip it, save and reload, and your slots will be back.

If you save with the Stillsuit equipped, you lose all other slots (you were lucky to keep Rebreather!).

PS Build 51160? That's not Stable and it's not the current Experimental... funny, that's the 3rd result on Pirate Bay.

The build that introduced the bug was around 51123 (I have that number indelibly carved in memory because it was a long playthrough that got corrupted by this same bug). Not tested Stillsuit in a while, it may be fixed now.