Vital new features?

ssutcliffessutcliffe United States Join Date: 2016-11-01 Member: 223565Members
I'm actually glad to see the game get feature frozen! It means maybe we are in the home stretch, and that some of the long standing bugs will finally get fixed. There are only two things that I think really need to be added before release.

The first is fixing the Cyclops HUD. The way it works now, it's impossible to shield or silent run when using the cameras, which is the only really practical way to run the Cyclops. The only way I know of to exit the cameras is to quit navigation entirely with E, then re-click the steering wheel, which doesn't work well when getting bashed by 10 bonesharks, or lava lizards. It tends to make the Cyclops defenses useless, because both last a very short time, and you can't see the duration without the cameras. There needs to be a way to either see/access the HUD when using the cameras, or at least a better way to switch between using them or not.

The other thing is bases desperately need a way to easily see the current structure points. The only method now is to deconstruct things, which is not good. I'd also like a way to see current power generation/usage and to be able to turn the base lights on and off, but that's more of a "wish we had", rather then a must-have. The structure points really do need to be displayed though - it's kind of broken as it is.

I'm sure everyone appreciates the hard work done so far on this game and ongoing. I have 809 hours played so far (!), and it isn't even completed! Without question my favorite early-access game, and even incomplete, one of my favorite games ever.

Any other must-have ideas from anyone?

Comments

• SouthernGorillaSouthernGorilla United States Join Date: 2017-07-26 Member: 232057Members
    I'd like to see wall lockers auto-connect to each other the way base components do. You'd still be able to space them out if you wanted, but get a new locker within a certain distance of an existing one and it would snap to it.