Sea Emperor Babies Should Come Visit

DiodonDiodon United States Join Date: 2017-07-24 Member: 232016Members
I'm not sure if anything is planned for the sea emperor babies but I'm already salty enough that I can't hang out with mom, so I'd like to think I can at least run into them again (even if none of my other ideas are used). My idea would be some way(s) to either entice them to visit you or your bases or for them to seek you out of their own volition to play or hang out.

One option would be to simply cause them to randomly visit structures you inhabit, seeking out windows they can look into out of curiosity. Alternately, there could be some type of food / attractor device or even just dropping the hatching enzyme the player previously crafted to give them the scent of something familiar. Perhaps they visit on occasion but can also be enticed to appear more often?

It might also be fun if they had a few interactions. Perhaps they could randomly bring various items / ores to the base that aren't normally found there. It would be especially cute if they held the items until you swam out to greet them, but the items could also simply drop near hatches / moon pools. Finding a single aluminum oxide near your base coinciding with their visit would be pretty unmistakable while the gift wouldn't dramatically impact balance in the end-game especially if it were a rare occurrence.

It might also be fun to have random encounters with them in the wild. Before you see them perhaps you might experience a brief telepathic flash similar to when the emperor reached out to you but very brief and accompanied by squeeks / calls rather than speech. From there you could search for the baby that called out to you who might be swimming near a feature of interest or simply looking to play.

These are just some possibilities. I'd enjoy any opportunity to continue to see / interact with the emperor babies after the main story.

Comments