Subnautica creature ideas by onatfb

Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
One of these ideas is already known by the community, but the dude who made it changed the name of the creature so I thought I'll just post it along with the next creature idea he does, and he's just done one. Here is his deviantart account btw, so I can credit him and so we could comment on the original pages.

This one is the old one, it used to be called the "Hider", but now it's been renamed.

subnautica_creature_idea__1___snatcher_by_onatfb-d9z8jm9.png

And here is the new one.

subnautica_cc2___the_silence_by_onatfb-dbh95nk.png

Comments

• Timelord_FredTimelord_Fred Join Date: 2017-07-05 Member: 231596Members
    I'm all for more biodiversity and more creatures. The Snatcher is a great idea. The Silence might cause a few copyright issues with BBC though. I don't think there should be creatures in the void as this will MAKE people want to go there and see how far they can go without dying. It's a neat idea though.
  • ArumenArumen United States Join Date: 2017-07-24 Member: 232026Members
    In the "theory of world" we see in Subnautica, why would the Silence exist? It would be a massive creature that only has prey by chance when they enter the void- a void that was created only because the rest of the world is inhabitable.

It looks amazing, but I don't understand why it would exist. Now, if its home was the void but it made hunting trips into the other areas around the edge of the world, that would be interesting and a lot more relevant.
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    Arumen wrote: »
    In the "theory of world" we see in Subnautica, why would the Silence exist? It would be a massive creature that only has prey by chance when they enter the void- a void that was created only because the rest of the world is inhabitable.

It looks amazing, but I don't understand why it would exist. Now, if its home was the void but it made hunting trips into the other areas around the edge of the world, that would be interesting and a lot more relevant.

That's what I mean...

Predator
    Prey
    Repeat

I think the void would make the best biome in the game in my humble opinion.

Add some colorful fish, some creepy floaters and dark ambiance and you got yourself nightmare fuel :s
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    edited July 2017
    Yeah there might be some issues with BBC. Kinda like with how the Koosh zone is now called the bulb zo- THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN REMOVED BY HASBRO! YOU ARE ALL BEING SUED
  • Timelord_FredTimelord_Fred Join Date: 2017-07-05 Member: 231596Members
    edited July 2017
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koosh_ball
    I didn't even realize that they renamed the biome because of this...I still mentally refer to it as the koosh zone
  • leenpowellleenpowell Join Date: 2017-07-19 Member: 231926Members
    I like the snatcher idea. I think that it would be even better, albeit more annoying if it were capable of stealing whatever tool you were carrying, besides the Seaglide. That would give you a reason to chase it down. If it only stole fish, it would probably be more effective to just get a different fish since there are so many.
  • SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    ShuttleBug wrote: »
    If there's a predator in the void, then there must be prey...
    The prey is anything that happens to wander into the void.
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    ShuttleBug wrote: »
    If there's a predator in the void, then there must be prey...
    The prey is anything that happens to wander into the void.

Well...

1. A creature that size would have to eat a lot, and I imagine only a small amount of creatures would wander into the void.

2. After enough time, the fish will learn that the void leads to inescapable death and will not wander into it.

3. Sitting there and waiting for food to come to you is wayyyyy more challenging than just hunting normally.

4. Because of its unique adaptations, I assume The Silence lives too deep to catch stray fish.

I hope that made sense :lol:
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    And a third one to the list!

subnautica_creature_idea__3___peel_by_onatfb-dcmte47.png
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    And a third one to the list!

subnautica_creature_idea__3___peel_by_onatfb-dcmte47.png

He returns with more amazing ideas.
  • ShrekislifeShrekislife Shrek's Grand Swamp Join Date: 2018-07-31 Member: 242594Members
    Wow these are cool. I think I saw the first two on google images.
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    Well @nflgames, that doesn't looks suspicious at all.
  • avatardragon101avatardragon101 Perth Join Date: 2018-07-28 Member: 242511Members
    I love the snatcher one stealing your peepers ahaha
  • narehusnarehus Münster Join Date: 2016-08-08 Member: 221079Members
    Es gibt viele faszinierende Tiere in Subnautica . Aber einige vermisse ich noch . Was ist mit Muschel ,Schnecken ,Plankton oder krebsartigen . Vielleicht könnten die Schalentiere anstelle ihrer Schalen Strukturen aus Eis besitzen .
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    edited September 2018
    narehus wrote: »
    Es gibt viele faszinierende Tiere in Subnautica . Aber einige vermisse ich noch . Was ist mit Muschel ,Schnecken ,Plankton oder krebsartigen . Vielleicht könnten die Schalentiere anstelle ihrer Schalen Strukturen aus Eis besitzen .

In English:
    "There are many fascinating animals in Subnautica. But I still miss some. What about mussel, snails, plankton or crustaceans. Perhaps the shellfish could have structures of ice instead of their shells."
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Hmm, might want to change "Muschel" to Mussel and "krebsartigen" to Crustaceans there @AnomalyDetected :tongue:
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    Plankton is in the game, we just can't see it. Same applies to mussel as it is embedded in rock faces as different color/textures. Snails are burrowed under the sand/mud and crabsquid/crawlers are "crustaceans" of sorts.

And bear in mind that mussel, snails and crustaceans are Terran creatures. So I'm referring to Subnautica analogs in here.

Yet I agree, more fauna/flora is always better, even if one cannot interact with them.
  • AC_AwesomeCraftAC_AwesomeCraft USA Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245501Members
    I LOVE the Snatcher idea, I'd be like, "Hay! that's MY Peeper!" but, I agree with leenpowell, just snatching a peeper and running is only a nuisance, but a snatcher running away with my stasis gun would be really annoying, other than that, it's a great idea.

As for, 'The Silence', i think it's a cool idea, IDEA, there's no point in it, it'd just die in a matter of days/months! Unless it sneaks above the void to grab a snack, which would be more realistic, i think there's no point in it, my opinion.
  • AC_AwesomeCraftAC_AwesomeCraft USA Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245501Members
    Though i had an idea too, like something that pretended to be a reef, but was a passive predator in reality, a 'Reef Toad', it would hide in the sand and wait for large prey to wonder in its tongue range, oh and that's how i thought it could hunt, a sticky tongue that surrounded the prey and brought it to the reef toads mouth, when the reef toad wants to move, it will get out of the sand, which will take 45 seconds to 1 minute, which, considering its size, would be a reasonable amount of time. It wouldn't move that far though, 50 meters at the farthest.

It doesn't live in groups, but will be in them if it walks into another reef toads area, it won't move, though, it wouldn't care, maybe be slightly annoyed at the small lack of food because of the other one.

I'm thinking the reef toad would be like, not picky at all, like it would eat anything, stalkers, Bone sharks, Sand sharks, Players, even a seamoth or another, smaller, REEF TOAD!

The locations to find them, maybe: Safe Shallows, Kelp Forest, Sea Treaders Path, and Grand Reef, mostly in the Grand Reef, though.(Rarely SS)

And if you're thinking, "But how would i know if there's a reef toad near by?" well you can look for a glowing brain coral like lump on a rock formation, that is how the reef toad knows if there is prey near or not, when there is prey near, the reef toad will, surprisingly quickly, lift its mouth out of the sand and shoot its tongue at it.

The HP for a reef toad will be 600.
  • BiippeyBiippey Antioch Join Date: 2019-01-31 Member: 249946Members
    i have an idea for the lore behind the "titan holefish" in subnautica below zero.
    since the titan holefish provides oxygen, and water is made of H2O, i was thinking that as water flows through its hole, it breaks up the water into hydrogen, which the fish uses to propel itself through the water. And the oxygen gets caught and stored in its inner ring, making the inner ring of the titan holefish a little habitat for where micro ecosystems can live and for other fish to feed off of. let me know what you guys think and please help me get this message seen by the developers.
    Sure, but for the second part, the devs, i don't have a clue how to do that... or how to post a topic, i've been asking that all over the place, how do you post a topic?
  • ShowsOnFridayShowsOnFriday Scotland Join Date: 2019-02-01 Member: 249961Members
    I was thinking a creature that kinda looks like a reef back but a bit smaller would be cool. But it could charge energy around its tentacles so when vehicles are behind the creature they would get power.
    fun, i think, more description please
  • EdyscisEdyscis Granville Join Date: 2019-02-21 Member: 251208Members
    A mechanical leviathan made by the precursor guarding a base
    But because he's mechanical he cannot be stasis rifle or blurred with a decoy
    Edyscis wrote: »
    A mechanical leviathan made by the precursor guarding a base
    But because he's mechanical he cannot be stasis rifle or blurred with a decoy

Lol, that'd be annoying, i don't see anyone headed there, but fun idea i guess :smiley:
  • RuinsageRuinsage Join Date: 2019-02-10 Member: 250762Members
    These are pretty well made, could you make on that is an ambush predator? The subnautica fauna could really use more of those.
    Ruinsage wrote: »
    These are pretty well made, could you make on that is an ambush predator? The subnautica fauna could really use more of those.

Like some sort of eel that is invisible when next to terrain? That is from another game, i thought it would fit here, but this cant have high hp or ap, getting killed suddenly because this predator has high ap and it can be invisible, that wouldn't be fare.
  • FishNDipFishNDip Join Date: 2019-03-20 Member: 251857Members
    I like "The Silence" the best.
    FishNDip wrote: »
    I like "The Silence" the best.

Ok, i don't know why people are still talking about that, the silence will not be added, accept it.