HUGE GUN IDEA {CORE SURGE}

Gunbone_CLGunbone_CL Wisconsin Rapids Wisconsin Join Date: 2016-09-15 Member: 222348Members
When You Deactivate the gun the Core surges and it blows the upper part of the gun up, like the part that fires falls over into the water, or maybe when the gun is disabled it sends a power surge thru the facility shutting off all the lights!!!

I just feel like the core should have a powerful reaction upon being disabled!!!!
Like a power surge

Comments

• jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    edited July 2017
    You got that from ths clickbait video of the gun blowing up didn't you?
  • adel_50adel_50 Join Date: 2016-09-01 Member: 221973Members
    Well instead of disabling it you could cause sort of overload to the core then it goes into meltdown state then you must go out before it explodes (like 30 seconds is ok) then you can see it exploding but still it doesn't fit right in the game why would you want to destroy it you have a safer option (disabling it)?
  • supertiger2340supertiger2340 Eugene OR USA Join Date: 2017-07-21 Member: 231956Members
    All a bunch of dainty farts
  • Timelord_FredTimelord_Fred Join Date: 2017-07-05 Member: 231596Members
    edited July 2017
    The precursors are intellegent and highly advanced. They aren't so barbaric that they would blow up their building for fun. For all they know, they might need it for other purposes in the future. Its the same with us. Therefore, they would not blow it up. It's just not logical or practical.
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    The precursors are intellegent and highly advanced. They aren't so barbaric that they would blow up their building for fun. For all they know, they might need it for other purposes in the future. Its the same with us. Therefore, they would not blow it up. It's just not logical or practical.

The device could be built to not be able to turn off normally. Perhaps it must be destroyed from the inside for it to completely turn off. Just a thought tho :smile:
    ShuttleBug wrote: »

The device could be built to not be able to turn off normally. Perhaps it must be destroyed from the inside for it to completely turn off. Just a thought tho :smile:

Why would they build it that way though? It makes no sense. Besides, I'm pretty the sure the animation is already done.

Why would they build it that way though? It makes no sense. Besides, I'm pretty the sure the animation is already done.

Scuba Steve may not know how to operate alien tech properly and could accidentally cause the thing to self destruct in the process. And yes, the animation is probably done so this thread is nothing more than wishful thinking :smile:
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    All you do is put your arm in a slot thing, press one button. It then checks if you are infected or not. If infected it tells you that you can't turn it off. If yo I aren't infected it just turns off.
    edited July 2017
    How do you screw up pressing a button to the point were the whole thing explodes?
    All you do is put your arm in a slot thing, press one button. It then checks if you are infected or not. If infected it tells you that you can't turn it off. If yo I aren't infected it just turns off.
    How do you screw up pressing a button to the point were the whole thing explodes?

I dunno it an alien ship maybe it CANT turn off
  • JiffyJuffJiffyJuff Join Date: 2017-07-27 Member: 232089Members

You do realize that the entire point of the entire plot is that you have to get yourself cured in order to satisfy the turning off requirements, right?
    edited July 2017
    JiffyJuff wrote: »

You do realize that the entire point of the entire plot is that you have to get yourself cured in order to satisfy the turning off requirements, right?

Yes yes I know that :lol:

I'm just entertaining other possibilities of the G.U.N. because in real life, you may not know how this machine operates
    It's just a button! HOW YOU NOT KNOW HOW TO PRESS A BUTTON!?!?!?!
  • WolfGamerWolfGamer Join Date: 2017-07-03 Member: 231565Members
    there is an idea floating around that when you disable the core the lights turn off but the gun just stops working

Yup. A button that when pressed, will say that infected people can't turn it off definitely can't turn the gun off. Why would it do that?
  • Sub_ShadowSub_Shadow Join Date: 2017-08-02 Member: 232185Members
    Your not blowing up the thing. You TURNING IT OFF. And the PDA says there is no known way to destroy the material the gun is made of.
    Dude, the DRF is made of the same stuff as the gun, and a sea dragon destroyed it
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Another thing I'd do if I couldn't get inside is build a ladder and stuff that gun barrel full of Polyurethane foam :tongue: Try and shoot down innocent space ships now you bastard!
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Another thing I'd do if I couldn't get inside is build a ladder and stuff that gun barrel full of Polyurethane foam :tongue: Try and shoot down innocent space ships now you bastard!

That won't work!

Use Nokia 3310s instead
  • XautosXautos Join Date: 2017-07-31 Member: 232161Members
    Gunbone_CL wrote: »
    When You Deactivate the gun the Core surges and it blows the upper part of the gun up, like the part that fires falls over into the water, or maybe when the gun is disabled it sends a power surge thru the facility shutting off all the lights!!!

I just feel like the core should have a powerful reaction upon being disabled!!!!
    Like a power surge

wouldn't fit the theme of an advanced ancient alien culture that somehow didn't know how to handle a power surge in their systems. but this isn't star trek where there are no surge protectors in consoles or seatbelts on their chairs. :tongue: