Crashfish Eggs

Timelord_FredTimelord_Fred Join Date: 2017-07-05 Member: 231596Members
I was placing a Crash egg in my Alien containment yesterday when I noticed the back of the egg was reflecting something. At first I thought it was my base, but then I realized it had features that we can't build. zgdl6oxwaev8.jpg
I think this is the inside of the Cyclops on the wall were you can customize the color of the hull. Any other thoughts? Any guess as to why its here?

Comments

• NerdyEricNerdyEric Join Date: 2016-11-15 Member: 223876Members
    A lot of games will just take random pictures for reflections, this could just be some art or a screenshot they took or made a while ago
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited July 2017
    Memetic-Mnemonic DNA ...

Created and Implanted into the creatures by the Precursors in their quest to find a cure for the Carar.

They (and God) only know, how they managed to predict the look of the inner workings of the Cyclops.

B)
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    @NerdyEric is right, though I like @DaveyNY's explanation. I built a base between the mushroom forest and another biome, with no mushrooms above me. The top of my multipurpose room "reflected" mushrooms as if they were all around me. I've seen these reflections in other games too.
  • 5m4llP0X5m4llP0X Join Date: 2017-06-26 Member: 231356Members
    Yeah, that looks like the color scheme and naming part of the Cyclops.
    Serious question: When they spawn crashfish will the fish inside break the containment?
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    5m4llP0X wrote: »
    Yeah, that looks like the color scheme and naming part of the Cyclops.
    Serious question: When they spawn crashfish will the fish inside break the containment?

THAT would be annoying as hell...

But it hasn't happened so far in all the times I've put them into my Alien Containment chambers.

B)
  • SouthernGorillaSouthernGorilla United States Join Date: 2017-07-26 Member: 232057Members
    I have a crashfish in my tank, hasn't hurt anything. Made it possible to actually scan one for once. Stalkers make great fuel for the bioreactor, BTW. Going to try a bone shark if the stalker ever runs out.
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    Kinda thought it was a little face with an ironman style reactor heart and immediately wanted whatever the heck you found.
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    I actually did see that, when the Containment Facility was only half complete, the reflections on the parts sticking out of the map were just a reflection of the Safe Shallows. They do just take pictures or textures and reflect them on objects, it would seem. I did hear somewhere that doing reflections in games were one of the hardest things to pull off, but that could be nonsense.
  • NuclearTestingNuclearTesting Join Date: 2017-07-27 Member: 232082Members
    NerdyEric wrote: »
    A lot of games will just take random pictures for reflections, this could just be some art or a screenshot they took or made a while ago

Yea they just use a random skybox. Whatever looks good.
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    Mirrors found in the wreck lockers reflect the safe shallows.

Scared me half to death but at least we all know we're vampires >:)