Rocket?

adel_50adel_50 Join Date: 2016-09-01 Member: 221973Members
if you follow trello page you do know that they labled the card that contains all july updates called (b:77 Rocket) and on the roadmap it says feature complete milestone but most youtubers that cover subnautica news are saying that the Rocket is not coming this month so if any dev sees this or anyone has information on it can you please tell me cuz im confused right now i do hope that it will come this month but if its not knowing it will ease the pain a little

Comments

• garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    edited July 2017
    Watched a YouTube video last night saying rocket is delayed until the 1.0 release of the game. If correct, we won't see the rocket until September at the earliest. I guess we are both hearing the same news.
  • adel_50adel_50 Join Date: 2016-09-01 Member: 221973Members
    garath wrote: »
    Watched a YouTube video last night saying rocket is delayed until the 1.0 release of the game. If correct, we won't see the rocket until September at the earliest. I guess we are both hearing the same news.

i know but the thing that confuses me is that they say on the roadmap feature complete and it means that everything should be ingame so i dont know i guess we will have to wait and see
  • RecursionRecursion The cosmos Join Date: 2017-07-01 Member: 231505Members
    trust the devs, not the youtubers.
  • DarthOmnisDarthOmnis United States Join Date: 2016-12-15 Member: 224970Members
    Recursion wrote: »

^ This
    adel_50 wrote: »

i know but the thing that confuses me is that they say on the roadmap feature complete and it means that everything should be ingame so i dont know i guess we will have to wait and see

Just because the models are in-game doesn't mean it's ready for release, there is still plenty of testing and final integration left. For example if you look at the "Prison End Game - June 21st" they have a card titled Craftable Time Capsule which is a feature added, however it is not finished thus not implemented for player use just yet.
  • adel_50adel_50 Join Date: 2016-09-01 Member: 221973Members
    DarthOmnis wrote: »

^ This

Just because the models are in-game doesn't mean it's ready for release, there is still plenty of testing and final integration left. For example if you look at the "Prison End Game - June 21st" they have a card titled Craftable Time Capsule which is a feature added, however it is not finished thus not implemented for player use just yet.

yeah propobly you're right i guess we'll have to wait and see
  • RecursionRecursion The cosmos Join Date: 2017-07-01 Member: 231505Members
    DarthOmnis wrote: »

^ This

but on the trello development, they've called this update "Rocket". The called the last one "Prison" and delivered the prison.
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    Yeah, because that's what they're working on. But if you look at the Roadmap, you'll see both cards relating to the rocket contain the words "hold back".

This is the Age of the Internet. How dare you say something like this!!! Trust the Internet above all! The Internet doesn't lie! :)
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    ... in yer pocket.
  • RoyalMontageRoyalMontage Yo mama Join Date: 2017-07-05 Member: 231611Members
    The rocket will be coming in 1.0. Because the rocket is needed for at least one ending.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Not that I need a rocket in this game rather than a cool sub that can dive. But if the next update doesn't include the rocket, then there should be other important stuff coming and I can't see much other new things then the Ghost Leviathan coming. And you can't claim story complete if the rocket won't come, as it would be part of the story.

So I'm curious what would be the next update presentation if not the rocket?
    • Ghost Leviathan?
    • Cyclops docking?
    • Base attacks?
    • Transfusing?
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    edited July 2017
    @zetachron You just listed some stuff that is in mabye after 1.0 on the roadmap
    I thought they were completely done with content updates until the 1.0. Aren't they? If so, then the next update that includes new stuff may be the 1.0 release candidate (RC), right?
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    According to the roadmap, the cutefish and the gun disabling sequence will be added. Cyclops 3.0 will be implemented, maybe the new leviathan, I expect more model updates, hopefully a good update of power transmitters, but mostly just the game getting further optimization and bug fixing. New content's just not really the focus of the rest of development time.
  • The08MetroidManThe08MetroidMan Join Date: 2016-09-23 Member: 222527Members
    edited July 2017
    DrownedOut wrote: »
    According to the roadmap, the cutefish and the gun disabling sequence will be added. Cyclops 3.0 will be implemented, maybe the new leviathan, I expect more model updates, hopefully a good update of power transmitters, but mostly just the game getting further optimization and bug fixing. New content's just not really the focus of the rest of development time.

That we got a new Biome (the Crash Zone Mesa, on the east side of the Aurora), as well as how we're supposedly getting the rocket and the Leviathan Enzymes (needed to cure yourself to access the gun) - aka, the last of the Endgame - in this month on top of the cutefish and the new Leviathan seems to point to the opposite. It seems like we've got at least one more month/update worth of story/narrative content before they move on to the performance and optimization stuff.