Do you want more upgrades SLOT for Cyclops/Seamoth/Prawn?

2»

Comments

• 5m4llP0X5m4llP0X Join Date: 2017-06-26 Member: 231356Members
    Four slots makes most of the upgrades useless and that is the issue. If the devs want people to customize and try out different upgrades then having additional slots would benefit from it.
  • Sam_StarfallSam_Starfall Join Date: 2017-05-21 Member: 230665Members
    gamer1000k wrote: »
    IMHO, the vehicle modules and slots should be reworked so that one (or more) slots aren't permanently occupied by "essential" upgrades like the pressure compensator and the efficiency modules. This applies to all the vehicles, not just the cyclops. Right now, we effectively only have two viable upgrade slots in the Cyclops with how essential the depth and efficiency upgrades are.

This could be done by adding special slots for the depth upgrades, and by integrating the efficiency boost into the base Cyclops.

While I'll keep thinking we need more slots, this idea would:
    - lessen the previous problem
    - add more use for the modification modules (permanent upgrade)
    - thereby open the possibility of game-Gating depth upgrade to the discovery of the vehicle upgrade.
    Of course it would require a mean to apply that to the Cyclops which don't have an clear mean for that.

In fact this mainly cause problem of UI, I saw that thinking of a way to distinguish "equipment upgrade" from "stat-only upgrade" on the seamoth, despite using the same "Slots".
    More problems being that "distinct slots" kill both User-friendlyness and >70% of the combinations we are trying to obtain.

So I'm no developer but I'm betting the biggest problem to give the Seamoth "6 slots" is that it would conflict with the "one slot = one area" implementation of some upgrade, and requiring to forbid the players some combination in a non-frustrating/luck-based way.
  • adel_50adel_50 Join Date: 2016-09-01 Member: 221973Members
    We already know that the cyclops will have 2 more slots which will put it in a better place but I don't see any need for more slots on the seamoth/exo cuz they already do what they are made for adding more slots will be like allowing you to have the ultimate version of your vehicle each vehicle should have pluses and minuses
    1-seamoth fast agile transport but unable to stand deep areas
    2-exosuit a heavy armored suit capable of standing dangerous environments in exchange for speed and agility
    3-cyclops mobile base with extreme utility potential allowing the diver to survive in every single environment

In my eyes i see that things are better the way they are but that doesn't rule out the possibility that the devs might change something in the future