Massive Lua Errors

wackygamerwackygamer Join Date: 2010-08-03 Member: 73463Members
edited June 2017 in Technical Support
I havent played the game in a few months, so I jumped back on.. to have a Pistol Perm Locked to the Top left of my screen, and a endless amount of Lua Errors in the Console. Note This only happens when I pick Marines or Aliens, not in the Ready Room

Ive Reinstalled VC Redist, Grphx Drivers, Nuked all Existence of NS2 and reinstalled the game. I'm stumped and quite frankly saddened that the game no longer works, I can only guess its something to do with the Tutorial glitching out.. and why its forced is beyond me.

My Specs are i7, 16gbs of Ram and a Geforce GTX 970 and I use Windows 7 64bit

1.jpg 268.1K
2.jpg 388.1K
3.jpg 410K
4.jpg 503K
5.jpg 19.7K

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited June 2017
    Hi, could you please follow the instructions given at https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/131384/how-to-make-a-good-tech-support-post-read-me-first and attach your tech_support.zip . The zip will include your full log with all details about the error and helps us to resolve the issue asap.

And by the way you are not forced to do the tutorial we only recommend it highly.
  • wackygamerwackygamer Join Date: 2010-08-03 Member: 73463Members
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited June 2017
    Okay try to see if resetting your remote config resolves the issue. Make sure you disable the steam cloud for ns2 before you delete the given files. My guess at the moment is that this error occurs if you have a weapon attack unbound.

I will add the issue to our bug report board and make sure it's fixed till the next build.

Edit: Okay i did go through your bindings option file. You can fix the issue by setting a binding for Weapon 2. Really sorry about this trouble.
  • wackygamerwackygamer Join Date: 2010-08-03 Member: 73463Members
    Okay! strange to have all this from not having a binding >.0, ty!
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Yea that's my screwup, sorry about that! Fix is ready for next patch.