Scans remain after taking items

Recon777Recon777 Join Date: 2016-04-08 Member: 215505Members
This bug is intermittent. Most of the time, it's broken, but I've had it where it works properly (rarely).

The situation is that when you scan for items and get the HUD overlay, you go pick up the items and the HUD still shows it to be there even though it's not.

Comments

• garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    I had always assumed the Scanner Room operated in such a way that it takes time to scan the surrounding terrain. For example, when you first turn on the Scanner Room, you don't immediately see all items. Instead, it takes time to run through all the terrain scanning for items. In the same way, I assumed it wouldn't remove items until it has taken the time to re-scan that terrain. As far as I know, this is how it works, and it seems to work correctly, in my opinion.
  • Recon777Recon777 Join Date: 2016-04-08 Member: 215505Members
    Well for a while there, it was removing them instantly when I picked up quartz. Now, it's not. It is intermittent. Having the contacts remain is quite confusing.
  • FlendonFlendon Join Date: 2017-06-26 Member: 231371Members
    I assumed since you have a computer assistant in your helmet it could automatically remove the retrieved ones. Then I did some testing and realized this isn't the problem. I scanned for fragments, picked up all fragments at a site just to get the marker to go away, scanned for copper to clear the scan, scanned fragments again and then it took me back to the same empty site with the same number of markers.