Is it the end of the game soon?

LAZYNOOB2017LAZYNOOB2017 United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-12-31 Member: 225824Members
After Silent Running - because I don't know what the name of the next update is - will it be the end of the game? Because if it is, I'll skip Silent Running and wait for the last update.

Comments

• Sam_StarfallSam_Starfall Join Date: 2017-05-21 Member: 230665Members
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    The coming update features the Emperor prison. The next wants to be feature and story complete I think, including the cure, but probably not the escape, and polished, all probably until August. That means another for performance and the rocket, probably September to October.
  • LAZYNOOB2017LAZYNOOB2017 United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-12-31 Member: 225824Members
    So the game will be finished roughly in September?
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    The game will be so wildly successful that they will release at least two expansion packs. So, if you are waiting for the game to be finished completely, you may have to wait at least another year. :)
  • LAZYNOOB2017LAZYNOOB2017 United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-12-31 Member: 225824Members
    garath wrote: »
    The game will be so wildly successful that they will release at least two expansion packs. So, if you are waiting for the game to be finished completely, you may have to wait at least another year. :)
    Expansion packs? I guess we'll have to wait until the game is fully released to find out what exactly can be expanded on. Because if the game ends with us being cured and leaving the planet then what will the expansion be? Going to other planets? That sounds like Subnautica 2.
  • Sam_StarfallSam_Starfall Join Date: 2017-05-21 Member: 230665Members
    "In this expansion pack 100 hundred sub-quest like collecting the 10 unique statues of the Aurora captain which were blown all around, race against a new fish who love speeding around, customize your seabase and cyclop with the news 40 decals and ornament, beat the Achievement of never going back to the surface for 500 game hours, fight against the ALPHA Sea Emperor, and enjoy the new line-fishing mechanic!"

(please never do that devs, a dingy boat will suffice)
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    "In this expansion pack 100 hundred sub-quest like collecting the 10 unique statues of the Aurora captain which were blown all around, race against a new fish who love speeding around, customize your seabase and cyclop with the news 40 decals and ornament, beat the Achievement of never going back to the surface for 500 game hours, fight against the ALPHA Sea Emperor, and enjoy the new line-fishing mechanic!"

You forgot the latest implementation of base pipes for peeper transport, so you can watch that cool peepers flowing through tubes in your base.
  • CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
    zetachron wrote: »

You forgot the latest implementation of base pipes for peeper transport, so you can watch that cool peepers flowing through tubes in your base.

Sucks the peepers in from the outside, straight into your bio reactor!

(Somebody said something like that in another thread lol)
    So, the expansion is jovial achievements?
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    So, the expansion is jovial achievements?

Speaking of, when are we getting more REAL Steam™ Achievements?? I've been capped at 3/3 forever, as I'm sure most everyone else is as well. There were some great suggestions for Achievement names/conditions some time back on the forums...

I figure 1.0 will bring more in, but it would be nice to have something more to work towards. Especially given that the next update will likely be the final story update (not counting balance and performance updates) before 1.0 goes live. :(
  • WheeljackWheeljack Chilling in the Grand Reef Join Date: 2016-03-17 Member: 214338Members
    I would pay for Peepers pipes, do you hear me, Devs?

//throws money at screen//