Bioreactor Jams PDA...

DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
Anybody else having this problem when using the Bioreactor?
Sometimes when I open the screen to add more organics to the Bioreactor, the PDA Screen jams open and I can't get it to close.

The only way I've found to cure it so far is to log out of the game and log back in.

:/

Comments

• SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    Anybody else having this problem when using the Bioreactor?
    Sometimes when I open the screen to add more organics to the Bioreactor, the PDA Screen jams open and I can't get it to close.

The only way I've found to cure it so far is to log out of the game and log back in.

:/

I haven't found this with the bioreactor, but I have had it with various storage boxes. The problem with usually fix itself if you just walk far enough away, but sometimes it makes the character unable to turn. Just find a suitable Moonpool, jump into the water and everything should be fine.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited May 2017
    Yeah, that doesn't seem to work with this particular BUG.
    I tried that several times and a couple of other things as well, but still had to log out and back in to clear it.
    The PDA stays open the whole time but is completely blank, and one can only move forward or back and left or right without being able to actually turn in any direction (as you said).

< shrug >

Though, thanks for letting me know it's not just me.
    B)
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    This probably won't fix the bioreactor, but should work for @Skope: The storage box problem can also be fixed by clicking and holding the mouse button down while you turn away from the container. Found this by accident while testing some oddities with mouse clicks.
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    I only encountered this with cabinets that can be activated while still being outside of activation range, so it opens the PDA but doesn't access the inventory. Walking closer and clicking again usually opens the inventory properly and the PDA gets unstuck. Haven't used a Bioreactor in a while so I can't say if it's the same bug.
  • ElohiraElohira Join Date: 2017-06-02 Member: 230891Members
    I have had this exact same issue (If your PDA is also blank when it locks). The way I found to fix it is after the bioreactor locks your PDA, go to one of your storage lockers and try to open it (your pda will still be locked and blank) and then back away from the locker. The PDA will drop down and unlock and you can continue playing, though you will still be unable to access the bioreactor. Hope this helps, I registered just to comment on this topic xD.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited June 2017
    That probably would also work for me IF I was able to actually turn and face one of my lockers.

Unfortunately, my lockers are usually behind me.

LoL
    B)
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Build a locker, or maybe a planter, in a place that you can face when you face bioreactor.