Blue Artifact

QelsarQelsar Lansdowne, MD Join Date: 2016-05-09 Member: 216536Members
I found the blue artifact in the Thermal Generator base and made my way down to the Containment Facility. Upon arriving I noticed there was no "lock" to use the blue key on. Is it still a work in progress or did I not do something to access it properly?

Comments

• gunmetal563gunmetal563 Join Date: 2015-09-30 Member: 208239Members
    it is a work in progress possibly coming in the next update
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    The Conatainment Facility is almost in a finished state. The blue artifact lock will probably be installed when the rooms there are mainly finished. As they are 90% finished this could happen any day now. Although the central column function still isn't implemented. Maybe the unlock will be held back for the next stable release.

I always cheat my way through the forcefields to get a new sneak preview of the inside until then.
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    edited May 2017
    zetachron wrote: »
    The Conatainment Facility is almost in a finished state. The blue artifact lock will probably be installed when the rooms there are mainly finished. As they are 90% finished this could happen any day now. Although the central column function still isn't implemented. Maybe the unlock will be held back for the next stable release.

I always cheat my way through the forcefields to get a new sneak preview of the inside until then.

I got there, and the antechamber didn't load. I'm just going to wait it out, wait till the bugs are fixed. (the terrain is there, and the rest of the base is there, just not the antechamber. I am in experimental.)

Edit: Maybe you make the matrix at the pillar? Just a guess.
    kingkuma wrote: »
    zetachron wrote: »

I got there, and the antechamber didn't load. I'm just going to wait it out, wait till the bugs are fixed. (the terrain is there, and the rest of the base is there, just not the antechamber. I am in experimental.)

Edit: Maybe you make the matrix at the pillar? Just a guess.

Or maybe to unlock the main research access area, as there are no locks for this forcefield.

I can't say if you can make a matrix there. But it wouldn't make sense at all. This is the Containment Facility and not the Power Facility. The Containment Facility is centered around bio research for the disease, while the Power Facility should hold a factory machine for creating ion matrices, unless you only need the recipe again.
  • QelsarQelsar Lansdowne, MD Join Date: 2016-05-09 Member: 216536Members
    So I noticed there were some videos on actually making the rocket by IGP and others, if they are able to finish that part of the storyline why can't I? I'm in experimental as well.
    @kingkuma It looks like the devs think the PCF (prison) is also the research headquarters and so the central pillars are indeed there to create ion crystal products. Doesn't make sense for me, to produce energy tech in a bio or main research or headquarter, especially when you could teleport to the energy facility in no time and get back. But it's the devs world and work.

@Qelsar The rocket work is artificially held back, probably for a dramatic update. What you saw probably wasn't in experimental, but another dev version not unlocked for experimental.
  • DungeonRiderDungeonRider Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222913Members
    @Qelsar What you've seen is a dev video made long time ago. I guess that you know now that the main pillar is working. The blue artifact is going to be used in the forcefield that leads to aquarium.