Idea: Drones

CaptainBarbequeCaptainBarbeque Hell Join Date: 2017-02-25 Member: 228247Members
So i know some people already came up with a few small ideas regarding drones (Including functions, HP and Gameplay balance) and i am going to fill in my own drone ideas here and feel free to do the same.

But first let's talk docking. My idea was that each vehicle could dock a certain amount of drones (be it player made or something to do with an upgrade) so it would be easier to transport drones with you througout the world, but now i hear you ask: But BBQ how does that work? do drones follow you around or is the player just able to pick them up and drop them somewhere?

The answer is both of them actually. There would be two types of drones: Personal, who follow the player around and Operational, who do something to the area or vehicle they are Dropped/docked in.

Now that we have all of that out of the way, let's get onto the drones themselves shall we?

NUMBER 1 ''A14X Medical drone''
Type: Personal
Function: Follows the player around, occasionaly generating a smaller variant of the medpack that heals less but generates faster

NUMBER 2 ''Alterra-C Biohabitat drone''
Type: Operational
Function: Tends to plants and growbeds, automatically harvesting and depositing plants in assigned lockers (Just simple select the drone, then a locker to assign it) Also makes plants harvested by him spoil much slower

NUMBER 3 ''Decoy drone''
Type: Personal
Function: Makes creatures attack him instead of you after the player has taken a certain amount of damage

And finally:
NUMBER 4 ''Vehicle reparation unit''
Type: Dockable (Speaks for itself)
Function: Once activated it attempts to fix any damage to the vehicle at the cost of a certain amount of power.

Feel free to post any of your own ideas down below!
Thanks for Reading.