Trapped

BlindbrailleBlindbraille Join Date: 2017-05-02 Member: 230182Members
So I was cruising around in my seamoth and I spotted a torpedo arm fragment. I jumped out and started to scan the fragment that was just floating there in the water. Apparently it wasn't just floating there, the map hadn't loaded in and as it did I was trapped inside some room. My seamoth with me. I can't get out because the doors are all locked and require a cutter to open.

Does anyone have a fix for this or do I just have to kill myself and build a new seamoth when I respawn? I've seen a lot of terrible bugs thus far but this... This is pretty awful. I've tried reloading a few times hoping the map wouldn't load and I could escape but no such luck.

Comments

• gamer1000kgamer1000k Join Date: 2017-04-29 Member: 230121Members
    Console commands are your friend here:
    subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Debug_Console_Commands

There are several commands you could use in this situation, but the least cheaty would probably be warp. If you use the F1 key, you can toggle an overlay that shows your current coordinates as the camera position. Use these coordinates with the warp command, but add 10 or so (might need to experiment a little) to the y value to teleport yourself straight up and (hopefully) outside of the wreck.

Alternatively, you can teleport back to your base using the warpme command and swim back to your seamoth by following its beacon.
  • BlindbrailleBlindbraille Join Date: 2017-05-02 Member: 230182Members
    Thank you for the input. I'm an idiot, I'm sorry I didn't state I was playing on Brokebox one this time around. But again thank you for the input. If I was on my pc id absolutely use this lol.
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    You can use the Debug Console on Xbox One as well; up near the top is the entry for Input Box Use, according to the wiki you press LB+RB+A to open the console, and then can type in whichever code you need; I'm assuming pressing A again will execute whichever code you typed (I can't test it, PC player here heh) :sweat_smile:

Also if you're interested, I posted recently information to help a player who got stuck on terrain, and couldn't risk a reload due to lost progress - some of these ideas might help out as well as let you free your also-trapped Seamoth. :)
  • BlindbrailleBlindbraille Join Date: 2017-05-02 Member: 230182Members
    Well Holy shit. I had no idea there was a debug for Xbox. Is that specifically for sub nautica or all Brokebox? Well ty again. That just saved my ass. A lot. Well sort of. I have two seamoths now lol.
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    @Blindbraille No problem, glad that helped. The debug console is for Subnautica overall (if/when PS4 port gets added it should have one as well). As for the doubled Seamoths, if you wanna thrash one I found out by accident the other day - two Crashfish explosions will KO it from 100% health (Imagine my surprise when my Seamoth went blooey 'for no reason' when I ran across a nest of Crashplants... and I had not saved recently when it happened) :angry: