Questions about recent updates.

HiSaZuLHiSaZuL N.Y. Join Date: 2016-11-11 Member: 223803Members
So haven't played since stable Bones? update or so. Before carack was in stable anyway. Wanted to check in and see if there are any fixes for long standing bugs/issues etc. Discounting any well documented nonsense like Cyclops getting boned, pun intended.

Do I still need to cashe clear every hour if I'm exploring? Has anything at all been done in that department?
Do wrecks still multiply items to infinity? It has been going on for ages, I'm really tired of cutting through 5... 6... and one time 17 fucking doors. Only to then find entire wreck utterly empty.
What about bulkheads... it's been about 2 years, and they were still broken last I played. Base stretches a bit too long... welp too bad, re-load and they are permanently stuck.
What about https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/147289/torpedo-modules-are-duplicated-on-every-re-load-severe-reproduction-included
Anything been done about bases being card houses? Or is that in line with UWs new train of thought like Cyclops?
What about constantly buggy UI either being rendered past structure textures, or being all faded etc?

Point in case, I was at the point where I spent vast majority of my time using only Cyclops as my base of operations, because bases were were too wonky, is there any reason what so ever for me to fire it up as it is right now?

Comments

• OjakokkoOjakokko Finland Join Date: 2017-01-20 Member: 226999Members
    HiSaZuL wrote: »
    So haven't played since stable Bones? update or so. Before carack was in stable anyway. Wanted to check in and see if there are any fixes for long standing bugs/issues etc. Discounting any well documented nonsense like Cyclops getting boned, pun intended.

Do I still need to cashe clear every hour if I'm exploring? Has anything at all been done in that department?
    Do wrecks still multiply items to infinity? It has been going on for ages, I'm really tired of cutting through 5... 6... and one time 17 fucking doors. Only to then find entire wreck utterly empty.
    What about bulkheads... it's been about 2 years, and they were still broken last I played. Base stretches a bit too long... welp too bad, re-load and they are permanently stuck.
    What about https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/147289/torpedo-modules-are-duplicated-on-every-re-load-severe-reproduction-included
    Anything been done about bases being card houses? Or is that in line with UWs new train of thought like Cyclops?
    What about constantly buggy UI either being rendered past structure textures, or being all faded etc?

Point in case, I was at the point where I spent vast majority of my time using only Cyclops as my base of operations, because bases were were too wonky, is there any reason what so ever for me to fire it up as it is right now?

Abou the wrecks multiplying items, didn't that have something to do with cache clearing?
  • HiSaZuLHiSaZuL N.Y. Join Date: 2016-11-11 Member: 223803Members
    Judging by amount of crickets running around I take it nothing has been fixed at all. Then I guess I shouldn't even try asking if anything been done about power management in bases... spotlights still using more power then.... a moonpool recharging a prawn suit with scanner room pinging stuff.

Well, I guess I enjoyed the game well enough before it got wonky. Perhaps it will improve when it gets released.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    edited May 2017
    As of my game, a majority of these things have been fixed. I haven't had a multiplying wreck since the Infected update. The empty wrecks are still a problem however.

The torpedo bug had been fixed. (I keep one in there at all times to see if it does act up again.)

And I might need a refresher to the Bulkhead bug. I rarely make a Bulkhead, so help is needed to test it.
    Oh, that is great news. I take it cache file bloating is still a thing tho right? Bulk heads, erm. Lets say your base is long, stretches for multiple cells, if portions of it are far enough that they aren't fully loaded(a lot shorter then one may think) bulk heads get stuck, after reloading they just simply do not work and are permanently in closed state.

What about say, dropped objects and interiors? Not too crazy of a bug, usually people ran into it when their inventory was full and they used medkit fabricator in cyclops and then that medkit would just block cyclops. In bases it lead to, base being shredded to pieces in some cases, now that cyclops has hp... I'd imagine dropping something on the floor would just nuke it to orbit unless that little bit was fixed.

Shame empty wrecks are still a thing but it just means you gotta go through them until you find that one wreck that has... everything.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    Mostly..., the scanable's are OUTSIDE the wrecks now.

B)
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    I don't know about cache bloating. I can't say this for everyone, but I haven't had to clear my cache at all for quite some time, not even for the Mushroom Forest.

I haven't dropped anything in the Cyclops yet, but I think it's fine. Don't know however.

And the med kit fabricator no longer rips up things... maybe. I haven't tested for that specifically, but I haven't had to dig packs out of the walls yet.

Good, now I have a list of bugs to test. :)

I didn't get accepted to be a playtester, but I sure as heck am going to help. :D
  • xm234xm234 Poland Join Date: 2017-03-26 Member: 229207Members
    edited May 2017
    HiSaZuL wrote: »
    Oh, that is great news. I take it cache file bloating is still a thing tho right? Bulk heads, erm. Lets say your base is long, stretches for multiple cells, if portions of it are far enough that they aren't fully loaded(a lot shorter then one may think) bulk heads get stuck, after reloading they just simply do not work and are permanently in closed state.

What about say, dropped objects and interiors? Not too crazy of a bug, usually people ran into it when their inventory was full and they used medkit fabricator in cyclops and then that medkit would just block cyclops. In bases it lead to, base being shredded to pieces in some cases, now that cyclops has hp... I'd imagine dropping something on the floor would just nuke it to orbit unless that little bit was fixed.

Shame empty wrecks are still a thing but it just means you gotta go through them until you find that one wreck that has... everything.

For me, bulkhead bug seems to have a different nature - more than 4 (as I remember) built in a single base cause the animation to not play, while still beeing functional.
    In other words, they instantly open/close. Personally, I don't even mind. :D

About dropped items, they don't launch your Cyclops back to Alterra space anymore, but a little damage is done. Caused it while spawning myself some items for testing.

As for wrecks, I discovered, that they tend to stop spawning fragments for stuff, you have already unlocked.

There is still a bug, where any fish in alien containment (even a reefback) can be tricked to take only 1 slot in your inventory B)
  • JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members
    xm234 wrote: »
    For me, bulkhead bug seems to have a different nature - more than 4 (as I remember) built in a single base cause the animation to not play, while still beeing functional. In other words, they instantly open/close. Personally, I don't even mind. :D
    I used to use bulkheads but putting them in or taking them out always destroyed Solar Panels mounted on top of the base had me give up on them. (I also moved Solar Panels to a Foundation as well.) Also that bulkheads couldn't go between rooms directly connected but needed corridors made them rather limited.

I wouldn't mind the bulkhead open/close animation going away. I found it rather nauseous with the head bob shifting viewpoint.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    The devs want to mainly focus on the story then bugs and polishing other stuff. They do tend to fix major bugs like game crashes and sometimes they might fix minor bugs when working on soemthing. They fixed a minor cyclops bug while working on it to make it take damage and stuff
    Jacke wrote: »
    xm234 wrote: »
    For me, bulkhead bug seems to have a different nature - more than 4 (as I remember) built in a single base cause the animation to not play, while still beeing functional. In other words, they instantly open/close. Personally, I don't even mind. :D
    I used to use bulkheads but putting them in or taking them out always destroyed Solar Panels mounted on top of the base had me give up on them. (I also moved Solar Panels to a Foundation as well.) Also that bulkheads couldn't go between rooms directly connected but needed corridors made them rather limited.

I wouldn't mind the bulkhead open/close animation going away. I found it rather nauseous with the head bob shifting viewpoint.

The external pieces disappearing on any internal modification was fixed in last update I played. Tho I do remember that aggravating feeling when your base would have 1k, 2k, 3k... magical non-existent power.

Anyway thanks for heads up. Since nothing much was done to bases and I don't really see myself enjoying anything atm, think I'm just going to wait and see what happens in 1.0. Hopefully bases will be appealing for me again, had a lot of fun with them. Lots better even now then most "survival" minecraft clones out there, where they are either stupid, hold no purpose or look buttugly.