Could the player control the Quantum Enforcement Cannon?

NVMGamerNVMGamer Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230464Members
One thing is for damn sure, that cannon is AWESOME to watch in action (i might even look into the science of how it could/couldn't work IRL)
what if rather than turning off the cannon you could switch it to manual control and open a new room with a control terminal and (if it will ever be added) a Alterra ship shows up YOU could either shoot it down or let it rescue you rather than making a rocket ship (i don't like the idea of an escape rocket in Subnautica)

Comments

• NVMGamerNVMGamer Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230464Members
    I'd love to see the look on the pilot of the sunbeams face while getting shot down after going so far to get here
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    SOMEONE REQUESTED DOONG SOMETHING HAT INVOLES KILLING SOMETHING *PANICS*
    edited May 2017
    SOMEONE REQUESTED DOONG SOMETHING HAT INVOLES KILLING SOMETHING *PANICS*

>;)
  • OjakokkoOjakokko Finland Join Date: 2017-01-20 Member: 226999Members
    NVMGamer wrote: »
    One thing is for damn sure, that cannon is AWESOME to watch in action (i might even look into the science of how it could/couldn't work IRL)
    what if rather than turning off the cannon you could switch it to manual control and open a new room with a control terminal and (if it will ever be added) a Alterra ship shows up YOU could either shoot it down or let it rescue you rather than making a rocket ship (i don't like the idea of an escape rocket in Subnautica)

But why would you want to shoot it down? Just leave it to the computer. If I had control of the gun, I would focus on vaporizing every single reaper from the math in revenge for all the seamoths. But really, not a good idea. And guess how ironic it would be if the devs gave you control of an anti-orbital superweapon but refused to give you a harpoon as a hunting tool.
    Ojakokko wrote: »
    NVMGamer wrote: »
    what if rather than turning off the cannon you could switch it to manual control and open a new room with a control terminal and (if it will ever be added) an Alterra ship shows up YOU could either shoot it down or let it rescue you rather than making a rocket ship (i don't like the idea of an escape rocket in Subnautica)

But why would you want to shoot it down? Just leave it to the computer. If I had control of the gun, I would focus on vaporizing every single reaper from the math in revenge for all the sea moths. But really, not a good idea. And guess how ironic it would be if the devs gave you control of an anti-orbital superweapon but refused to give you a harpoon as a hunting tool.

one issue with shooting reapers, it's an ANTI-AIR it can't shoot them, either way, they would have to be on the surface to even see them.

But I think it would be a cool concept as a mod or something of the sort if workshop was ever implemented

Though I would like a harpoon that would be cool.