The Cyclops needs offensive capability.

Duff_McDugginDuff_McDuggin Join Date: 2015-07-02 Member: 205964Members
You have personal offensive capabilities, as do the seamoth and prawn suit. Torpedos would make sense in a sub, but may require a fair amount of design change in the front. I would be happy with adding an upgrade module that adds a targeting reticle and stasis cannon to the external cameras on the cyclops. I think this could be done with out adding any visual design changes to the sub. A propulsion cannon would also be useful to maybe remove those energy leeches from your hull in the ALZ, or fling them away so they don't attach to you in the first place. If we are taking damage now, I want to be able to defend my boat.

Comments

• jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    At least it is non-lethal weapons
  • NVMGamerNVMGamer Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230464Members
    edited May 2017
    i think it should have another slot like the decoy tube and should have player controlled homing torpedoes
  • gamer1000kgamer1000k Join Date: 2017-04-29 Member: 230121Members
    The one upgrade I want to see most for the Cyclops is a perimeter defense system.

Homing torpedoes would also be nice given the Cyclop's lack of maneuvability. I like the idea of a superpowered repulsion cannon upgrade that could launch leviathans around.
  • Duff_McDugginDuff_McDuggin Join Date: 2015-07-02 Member: 205964Members
    Some good alternative ideas. Ultimately though, I'm not happy with the idea of my boat, which I worked so hard to build and stock full of goodies, be turned into a free for all punching bag. I do need to say though, that I am so impressed with all the work the devs have put into it. Bravo! So I'm not bitching about not getting enough done. I just don't want to be a punching bag and have to just float there and take a beating.
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    I agree. I liked it as a mobile invulnerable base. I don't like the idea of it being permanently destructible, especially if it can be destroyed by sharks. I could see it being crippled by leviathan-class opponents, rather than being made entirely useless.
  • NVMGamerNVMGamer Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230464Members
    edited May 2017
    i think if they fixxed the damage a bit for the sharks it could be a bit better, also they need to make it to where silent running while not even moving should attract no attention at all.
    they also need to make leviathans more intimidating for the cyclops, they lose interest and do nearly the same damage as the sharks...
    thing need changing but i like the stress (though there should be more times you can just drive full speed on the surface more since the things are everywhere you look)