End game, game ends?

KelliseKellise UK Join Date: 2016-07-23 Member: 220582Members
https://trello.com/c/44OXWGYE/244-end-game-tasks

So when you actually win, is that it? It's over? At the moment I'm 50 something hours in and still only just getting ready for my dive to the lava castle to set up a base. After 40+ hours of game play, I would kind of hope you can still play the game on that file or it'll massively suck. Do we know how the end game will work?

And while we're at it, when 1.0 goes up, will our existing saves still work? (Understandable if achivements don't pop considering console commands are live at the moment but still want the file there.)

Comments

• gamer1000kgamer1000k Join Date: 2017-04-29 Member: 230121Members
    I don't think there's any official information on whether the player can choose to continue playing after leaving the planet.

Personally, I would think that creating an autosave just before launching the rocket would be satisfactory since you could load it up after the credits and keep playing and just not launch the rocket.

No idea on the saves, but given the current state of the game there's at least a decent chance. For quite a few versions now old saves have worked just fine (with the obvious exception that if you had a base somewhere that had terrain changes, it might not be usable anymore).
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    I'm under the impression that leaving the planet is optional so you'd just play until you were done with it, or save right before so you can see endgame stuff then reload the save file. The option to keep playing after seeing the endgame would be nice, perhaps some easter egg or item or something for after-victory playing?
  • KelliseKellise UK Join Date: 2016-07-23 Member: 220582Members
    gamer1000k wrote: »
    I don't think there's any official information on whether the player can choose to continue playing after leaving the planet.

Personally, I would think that creating an autosave just before launching the rocket would be satisfactory since you could load it up after the credits and keep playing and just not launch the rocket.

No idea on the saves, but given the current state of the game there's at least a decent chance. For quite a few versions now old saves have worked just fine (with the obvious exception that if you had a base somewhere that had terrain changes, it might not be usable anymore).

Had that happen to me actually, massive rock appeared in the middle of a room.