Warpers seeing / attacking through wreck walls?

SpacedInvaderSpacedInvader Join Date: 2016-01-08 Member: 211083Members
I was exploring inside the grand reef wreck today when suddenly I was outside and being attacked by a warper. I knew it was there as I'd spent several minutes scanning the area with my cyclops cameras to see the patrol patterns of any warpers nearby, but I am fairly certain it didn't see me go inside the wreck as I waited until it warped out to move from the sub to the wreck. I'm wondering how it detected me, and even if it heard me poking about inside, how was it able to warp me out of the wreck through 3-4 walls to its position? Seems like a major bug to me, but I wanted to check if this was normal behavior before posting it in that section of the forum...

Comments

• DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    Yeah, that's "normal" to happen. The walls don't stop the AI from seeing you and if you're too close to the walls you'll still get caught in the warp ball's range when it hits. I've had particular trouble with this in the SW wreck in the Deep Grand Reef and the wreck in the Dunes. Def something I'd like UWE to try to improve.
  • SpacedInvaderSpacedInvader Join Date: 2016-01-08 Member: 211083Members
    edited May 2017
    DrownedOut wrote: »
    Yeah, that's "normal" to happen. The walls don't stop the AI from seeing you and if you're too close to the walls you'll still get caught in the warp ball's range when it hits. I've had particular trouble with this in the SW wreck in the Deep Grand Reef and the wreck in the Dunes. Def something I'd like UWE to try to improve.

I also hope they fix this... Warpers are already powerful enough without having the ability to detect you and port you out of wrecks. This fact removes your only real defense against them which is stealth. IMO, on top of not being able to see you though walls, they should not have the ability to teleport you out of your vehicles or other structures. I think a much better and more balanced way of handling it would be to allow them to teleport you're whole vehicle with you inside of it, causing the vehicle to take damage just as your character would. This would result in the same disorientation and opening to attack as the current method without completely negating any benefit you've got from bringing along the vehicle in the first place...
  • SoulnarSoulnar Ohio Join Date: 2017-06-16 Member: 231130Members
    In a recent run through i had warper put me through wall and then fell through the world. I do hope they fix the warp a bit.