Any plan on changing the loading screen?

ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
The current loading screen looks to much like early access. Is there any plans to change it to a more clean looking version with somthing to look at or is it going to stay in its current state through release?

Comments

• JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    If it were me at the wheel, I'd like to see something like this:

The ocean cuts across the middle of the screen, so half of the picture is above sea level and half is below. Below sea level you have at least four biomes crammed into this one space, with as many fish doing as many things as you can. Then above the sea you can look at the crashed Aurora, and the lifepod with Scubir Stevebo standing on top. There's also skyrays flying about and all that.

This would give you a lot to look at and keep you occupied; something that you could look back on after one thousand times of playing and still notice new things.
  • CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
    Jamezorg wrote: »
    If it were me at the wheel, I'd like to see something like this:

The ocean cuts across the middle of the screen, so half of the picture is above sea level and half is below. Below sea level you have at least four biomes crammed into this one space, with as many fish doing as many things as you can. Then above the sea you can look at the crashed Aurora, and the lifepod with Scubir Stevebo standing on top. There's also skyrays flying about and all that.

This would give you a lot to look at and keep you occupied; something that you could look back on after one thousand times of playing and still notice new things.

For people with very fast computers, they will probably not see much of the loading screen at all, but people with less powerful computers can sit back and enjoy.
    Just imagining this is amazing!
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    I could even understand watching a slideshow of concept art if making an extravagant loading screen would be too difficult. Also tips would be interesting :smile:
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    edited April 2017
    nesrak1 wrote: »

And so the expiry of this patent opens the doors to a previously unknown world. If they added a sort of Feeding Frenzy thing to the loading screen that would be cool.

EDIT: The Unknown Worlds pun was not intentional, it was the most glorious verbal diarrhoea I've ever experienced.
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    I'd be happy if they would rotate out the art of the Aurora crashing on the loading screen with other images. They have so much concept art, it would be nice to see more than just the same image every time you loaded the game. Or... make it so every 10 seconds it changes the image, so you have more to appreciate while waiting to play. :)
  • GreyfairerGreyfairer Join Date: 2017-04-24 Member: 229937Members
    ...maybe the 'feeding frenzy' could show the demise of all the other survivors?

...just saying.

• scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    Could do a loading screen game that, although it seems like we're debugging the PDA's AI, we're actually helping Foxy hunt down spambots...