Seamoth not keeping proper crush depth with compensators

TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
edited April 2017 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
At first I thought it was a one-off deal, but this issue has happened more than once now. Ever since I upgraded my Seamoth's Pressure Compensator to Mark III level (maximum crush depth: 900m) I have continual issues every time I reload my save file. Once I load the game, If I look at my Seamoth when it's docked in the Moonpool (which at present the base is at 283m deep) I get a message that says "WARNING! Seamoth is below its current crush depth!" Except that it's not... I can click on my upgrades panel and see that it's indeed still installed. If I take the Seamoth out in that state, the AI will warn that hull damage will occur because the vehicle is below the maximum crush limit of 200 meters and will take damage until I dock it again.

Now, the problem can be fixed easily by removing and then re-installing the depth compensator once more, and that would be fine of itself... but this happens every time I load from a save file. It's by far not a game-breaking bug, but it's getting annoying to have to do this every~ single~ time~ I load from a save file. Could this possibly be corrected sometime in the future? I would really appreciate it. :smile:

Comments

• garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    I know I saw this bug on the Trello board with a reference to a video demonstrating this bug posted on YT by Markiplier. I may have been resolved by now in the latest experimental version. I'll look for and post the link if I find it.