How will all the Cyclops modules fit?

CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
So the Cyclops currently has 8 upgrade modules. How are they all going to fit, because the console only has 4 slots currently. And I know something might change, but will we just be required to work with 1 or 2 of our own personal choice upgrades, because the hull and depth upgrades will take the other 2 slots?

(Sorry if this thread doesn't sound the best, I can barely keep my eyes open, so I will edit it tomorrow)

Comments

• DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited April 2017
    Just like with the Seamoth, it only has Four slots but there are several more than four modules that are available.

One will have to pick & choose which ones to use based on ones playing preference.

I prefer to use two storage modules, the Solar Charger and the Mk III Pressure Module on my Seamoth.

I haven't really picked a preference group for the Cyclops yet.
    I'm waiting for all the upgrades to hit STABLE.
    B)
  • CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    Just like with the Seamoth, it only has Four slots but there are several more than four modules that are available.

One will have to pick & choose which ones to use based on ones playing preference.

I prefer to use two storage modules, the Solar Charger and the Mk III Pressure Module on my Seamoth.

I haven't really picked a preference group for the Cyclops yet.
    I'm waiting for all the upgrades to hit STABLE.
    B)

The Seamoth is understandable, but that pick and choose thing with the Cyclops will really suck. :(
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    Wait Wait, What are all the Upgrades, again?
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    edited April 2017
    So the Cyclops currently has 8 upgrade modules.

Actually, there are only seven; the two depth upgrades don't stack...much as we wish they would... ;)

Wait Wait, What are all the Upgrades, again?

Here you go. :)

1. Pressure Compensator/Ultra Cyclops Reinforcement Module
    2. Power Efficiency
    3. Shield Generator
    4. Sonar Upgrade
    5. Docking Bay Repair
    6. Decoy Tube
    7. Fire Suppression System

Personally, I know my four:
    Depth, Power efficiency, Sonar, and Fire Suppression.
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    So we already have 1 and 2.

Assumptions:

Shield Generator: Increases Shield HP

Sonar Upgrade: Increases Sonar Map Range

Docking Bay Repair: Fixes docked Vehicle over time

Fire suppression system: As explained by the pig, drains compartments of Oxygen in order to kill fires.

Decoy Tube:...

• garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    So we already have 1 and 2.

Assumptions:

Shield Generator: Increases Shield HP

Sonar Upgrade: Increases Sonar Map Range

Docking Bay Repair: Fixes docked Vehicle over time

Fire suppression system: As explained by the pig, drains compartments of Oxygen in order to kill fires.

Decoy Tube:...

The shield generator is a "per use" item. Each time you use it, you have a shield for approximately 12 seconds. Then, there is a fairly substantial cool down time before you can use it again. This might be useful when you go up against extremely large creatures that can do 30% damage to the Cyclops per hit. But against bone sharks I doubt I would use it.

Sonar upgrade - This give you the abilty to have a sonar at all.

• TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    I hope the shield generator would help against lava larvae.