The game failed to unlock blueprints properly

TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
edited April 2017 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
I had been playing a new game started since the March update; I progressed to the point where I was building a base in the Grand Reef. I had most of the appliances I wanted unlocked and set up but still had failed to locate any Exosuit arms. I uncovered six or seven Wrecks but most had nothing in them, even the Grand Reef wreck didn't have any. So, last night after much exploring in the GR I finally located a single solitary Vehicle Modification Station fragment. I jumped excitedly as I scanned it... and was awarded Titanium x2. I was perplexed as I didn't think I had scanned a VMS fragment before then. Ah well, I played for a bit longer, then saved and quit... cue today.

By now I'm badly needing Exosuit arms to continue the game's story and explore deeper areas, so I break my will and spawn in two Exosuit Grappling Arm fragments and scan them... Titanium x2 each. Puzzled, I spawn in two Exosuit Drill Arms and scanned them... Titanium x2 each. By now I'm perplexed; I literally can't progress the game because I can't make what I need to continue playing! I check my Blueprints tab on the PDA and carefully scan each row: for sure, I have not unlocked the VMS or any Exosuit arms. Out of frustration I finally just use the console commands to unlock the blueprints... nada! No tooltip notifcation and no error; the game thinks I've unlocked said items and yet I can't build them... what gives?

I tried just outright spawning the items in the world directly (not the fragments) but that ended up being pointless. The arms could be picked up but didn't have any function (they couldnt be loaded in the upgrade chassis) and the VMS just sat there non-functionally. I was going to start a new game anyways, but I was hoping to wait until the April update. :cry: This is the first time I've encountered this issue, has anyone else encountered this problem? :confused:

Comments

• narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    I had a similar issue, but it was caused by an update to my game after I had already learned blueprints, back when they changed nuclear reactor and bioreactor to indoor modules. Are the blueprints present in your list at all? (probably in "locked" mode where player knows it exists but can't build) Also, are you playing experimental?

I recommend trying the unlockall cheat; if that doesn't work, you can give yourself the items with these cheats: vehicleupgrades seamothupgrades exosuitupgrades exosuitarms