player-built research facilities

RilazyRilazy Join Date: 2017-04-04 Member: 229413Members
I recently decided to make a 'research facility' base, to find out more about some creatures because it sorta fit the story. A few thing that I couldn't do, but wanted to, are build a large, reinforced containment facility to study larger, more powerful and possibly aggressive creatures, or specialized containment facilities such as a sand filled one to study a captured sand shark. Also, I built the facility pretty far from my main base, and want to be able to hook it up to my main power plant without having to deal with the lag that comes with it loading everything from the research facility in the jelly shroom caves to the safe shallows and kelp forest. Is it possible to do that or should I just make a new power plant area so that it's a self contained thing?

Comments

• SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    It makes more sense to just make a new power plant. Anyways, a large aquarium room would be cool.
  • KitcheKitche Join Date: 2016-11-09 Member: 223771Members
    I think it would be cool to have the floor of Alien Containment change based on what biome your base is in, or if you have it full of plants of a biome, it'll reflect that biome. Right now it just has safe shallows flooring.
  • NVMGamerNVMGamer Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230464Members
    BRILLIANT IDEA

(next part is 1/2 relevant)
    In my playthrough, I got tired of my filtration system eating my power and I didn't like having just 1 base(this is before I even had the cyclops). I made a separate base rather close by that had 3 water filtration systems, 2 bioreactors (i can't find the nuclear reactor so if you know where they are id kindly accept coordinates or what biomes they are in). its own storage and an indoor farm.

So having a real implementation of a separate facility in Subnautica would be BRILLIANT.