NSL Season 11 has started!

MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
edited March 2017 in Competitive Play
NSL Season 11 has started this week and yet it is still unknown to a majority of the NS2 community who plays against who.

16 teams have signed up for season 11, who got split into 2 divisions. The perceived skill of each team was the deciding factor if a team got placed into division 1 or division 2, with stronger teams getting out into division 1.

Division 1:

CanMercForFinals.
herakles
Golden
lebra
Spring
loMe
turtsmcgurts
Simba
TerranItUp

In my opinion this team is the top candidate to win division 1. This team is almost entirely made up of previous division 1 and premiere division winners and I am pretty sure they are determined to win this season as well.

ELOGain
crowbar
caperp
paddy
Unicorn
ellm
carnage
Deathcore

Here we have a team of rock solid players that have shown that they are team that you can’t underestimate. I have not really seen them in action though, it is hard for me to predict how well they will do in division 1. I expect them to play on par with Horror Show and HBZ.

Heidis Bergziegen
Bicsum
mortmann
izO
Rammler
Home
dePARA
Handschuh
daemon
LevSteel
Luchs
d3Base
Dean0
x_Oo

Heidis Bergziegen (aka HBZ) came in second in season 10 division 2. They were only beaten by Horror Show and were one of two teams who were able to take rounds from Horror Show last season. They have reinforced their roster izO and x_Oo who both did not play for a while but easily have the potential to play on par with the other strong members of HBZ. If they put their A-Game on then I can see them being a candidate for the playoffs.

Horror Show
CRaZyCAT
keo
LostMyFrontWing
SPAAAARTAAAA
Anriller
vladka
Syn-X

As mentioned above this team has won division 2 in season 10. They have proven that their teamwork is spot on and that they can keep a cool head even in difficult situations. However compared to last season they have lost vostok and YHero and replaced them with vladka and Syn-X. If this has hurt their synergy is a question that will be answered throughout the season.

iSaid
Kash
Preda
DaWick3DKing
Mephilles
Absurdon
Tangeriney
SneakyDragon
ChildrensPockets

This team won the lower bracket of division 2 in season 10 and are the underdog of division 1. While it is assumed that they are on a similar level to pubstars in division 2, they volunteered to be put in division 1 to get the chance to play against the best teams that NS2 currently has. Compared to season 10 they have lost Lash and gained Tangeriney, SneakyDragon and ChildrensPockets (aka Kmacg). If this has boosted the team enough to play on par with the other teams is a question that only the future can answer.

Pell-Mell
RolliePollie
WhySoSerious
DaPony
pulzz
A2K
TeslaTrooper
Ypsi
ryssk
Sylwester

Playing in the NSL since season 6 they have not had many changes in their roster and worked hard together to improve themselves to compete with the best. In season 7 and 8 they were the third strongest team in the NSL. With season 9 being canceled and them taking a break in season 10 they are now back to show once again what they are made of.

seize & decyst
phonee
ydy
malx
ragnasty
Bauerjankins
Nightsy
Tyr
Hobbeson
asdfg

After coming in second in season 10 this team is more than eager to finally win division 1. Especially now that placeholders, who won division 1 last season, is not participating this time. And with the help of their new members Nightsy, Tyr, Hobbeson and asdfg they are aiming for that victory.

Weaponised Bergs / Tilt Patrol
Starcetereus
migalski
ADHD
infamous
alf
bLink
tap
schu
McNally
Snowy

Here we have a weird mix of division 1 players from 3 out of 4 teams that played there last season. So this team has more than enough skill and experience to have a word to say on the top of division 1. I am pretty sure I will see them in the playoffs aswell.

Division 2:

8bitgamers
Luftwaffel
Faz
Stormbell
consumer99
kidGO
UncleChicken
Hotman45
AlanDemarest
fox_
Benji
stimpackabuser
BEANZ

This team participated in the NSL Newcomer Tournament 2017 (NCT) and came in 4th, right behind Peace Death. While playing a solid game in the NCT, I have not seen any of their training sessions so I have no clue how they will perform. So I’ll just wait and see.

Peace Death
blacksuge
Kefirdon
Mnow
vipko
NS2Player
Borshevskiy
igorovs
Matti
Reguliym

Like 8bitgamers this team has participated in the NCT aswell and came in 3rd. Since then they have been training alot and have shown some dedication to improve. This team has the potential to make it to the playoffs so watch out for them.

pubstars
CmdrKeen
dja
Mega_noComm
Seperim
Malware
eon
Barns
valo
POPI
Arugiro
RNDM

Coming third in division 2 in season 10 and being the second team next to HBZ who were able to steal rounds from Horror Show this team has a really good chance of winning this division. This team is packed with very talented players, paired together with Mega and Malware who provide the competitive experience in that team.

SUPERDUPONT
Dark_Angel
Hyste
Moadib
pommefrite
Zanarkand
Bof
gigogne
Sacrifice
oxo
FlambY

This team formed just before season 11 started and will be hard to predict their performance. While having some very strong and talented players, the fact that this team is so new might hurt their synergy. I expect them to improve tremendously throughout the season and see them in a position where they can fight for the crown of division 2.

T.E.A.M.
RookieMonster
Shelly
Blrg
Pi-rho-men-CER
EBH
Nauti2
HyugaBubblershoot

This team dominated the Newcomer Tournament and have shown that they understand the principles of competitive NS2. Depending on how well they can build up on that and how much they have improved since the NCT I can see them in a top position in division 2 as well.

Tactical Retreat
DCDarkling
Psycho
Kari
Alt
Hungry1
ary
antou
Terence
DrLecter
Hellspawn

Under the name of All Terrain Vehicles this team had a rough time in season 10. I have huge respect towards that team that, even though they lost every single round last season, they don’t give up, train and are determined to continue fighting. With ary they have a really strong new member in their lineup so you shouldn’t take them lightly.

Team Awesome
Ololoi
Roland
Slaughterer
SideBu2Rnz9
balaj
jope
Nooblar
IceSmoke

This team was the first to drop out in the Newcomer Tournament and that makes it even more surprising to see how far they got. With Ololoi, Roland and IceSmoke the only remaining members from the original team, they got themself some really strong players and are ready to wreak havoc over division 2.

WarzoneGaming
Raydiana
NateDogg
DocStalin
diesel5543
SlightlyTorn
Aeroplane
Vikadin
ArpyClarkson

This team is an absolute wildcard for me. Except for Raydiana I don’t know a single player, I have never seen them training so it is absolutely impossible to judge their skill. Like with 8bitgamers I’ll just wait and see what happens.