Request for Moonpool and Cyclops adjustment

TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
So when we dock vehicles into the Moonpool and Cyclops, and they rapidly recharge their power sourceds to brand new. But I'd like to see the ability for vehicle docks to also repair vehicle damage also. It doesn't have to be as fast as power charging, it can be a slow process instead. If people are wondering why this couldn't or shouldn't be, here are some counter points:

1. Docking repair is redundant, we already have the Repair Tool.
* The same can be said for the Power Cell Charger, once you have a MP/Cyclops then you don't need the PCC anymore, save for convenience (same as the Repair Tool)

2. Power is fed from the base, sohow would you explain it restoring damage?
* How does the Repair Tool work, just by holding an electro-wand to metal? That's right, nanites that work on a microscopic level. The MP/Cyclops has control arms that secure it in place, so logically they can house a Repair Tool.

3. You can just repair vehicles inside the MP, why even add this?
* Going back to point 1, you can also charge Power Cells inside the base; do we even need doubled functionality? I'm NOT saying to remove charging BTW. But far more importantly: You cannot repair damaged vehicles at all while they're docked in the Cyclops. It makes it frustrating if I need to repair vehicles in hostile waters, or exploring areas where the crush limit restricts how long you can stay outside safely.

I guess you could say my request is a small quality-of-life adjustment; it doesn't impede gameplay currently, and I won't get mad if it doesn't change. But every time I have to repair a vehicle in my Moonpool I wonder why this isn't a thing already. :(

Comments

• NVMGamerNVMGamer Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230464Members
    I agree with you on all of it mate.
  • WhinegummiWhinegummi ger Join Date: 2017-05-14 Member: 230493Members
    sounds nice. it is a reasonable whish
  • xm234xm234 Poland Join Date: 2017-03-26 Member: 229207Members
    I wanted to create such thread on my own.
    I would like to see an upgrade panel (just like the one in the scanner room) on the vehicle modification panel. Obviously, upgrades themselves would be crafted via vehicle modification fabricator. Right now, I have ideas for 2 upgrades:

1. Repair module - same recipe, as the equivalent upgrade for the Cyclops
    2. Vehicle fabricating module - almost the same ingredients, as for mobile vehicle bay, but something else insyead of the power cell.

Right now, if someone decides to build an addictional vehicle, while inhabitating a deeper base (DGR, Cove Tree, ILZ/ALZ), he has to take the Cyclops all the way up to the surface, which is a real PITA. Also, making vehicles inside a moonpool makes perfect sense.

Repair module would be great, especially now, when we have it already implemented for the Cyclops.
  • SaikoSystemsSaikoSystems Join Date: 2017-05-12 Member: 230439Members
    xm234 wrote: »
    I wanted to create such thread on my own.
    I would like to see an upgrade panel (just like the one in the scanner room) on the vehicle modification panel. Obviously, upgrades themselves would be crafted via vehicle modification fabricator. Right now, I have ideas for 2 upgrades:

1. Repair module - same recipe, as the equivalent upgrade for the Cyclops
    2. Vehicle fabricating module - almost the same ingredients, as for mobile vehicle bay, but something else insyead of the power cell.

Right now, if someone decides to build an addictional vehicle, while inhabitating a deeper base (DGR, Cove Tree, ILZ/ALZ), he has to take the Cyclops all the way up to the surface, which is a real PITA. Also, making vehicles inside a moonpool makes perfect sense.

Repair module would be great, especially now, when we have it already implemented for the Cyclops.

I Agree fully with this idea, additional to the first. I personally wish the moonpool didnt charge my docked vehicles, and as such, this quoted addition is very nice. an upgrade panel and upgrade vabricator for moon pool. possible upgrades: charge docked vehicles and repair docked vehicles. both of which would increase speed if multiples were installed. also: dock two vehicles (i think there is space, albeit tight, to fit two vehicles, one moved forward, other back.) .... vehicle fabrication, and maybe even automatic storage emptying. (drones pull out all items in vehicle storage, and place them into a locker in the moonpool, if there is space, which appears when you install the upgrade)
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    edited May 2017
    Welp at least you dream came true since it is a thing.
    For a while now
  • Sam_StarfallSam_Starfall Join Date: 2017-05-21 Member: 230665Members
    (newcomer here)
    I do like some of the idea above

my opinion:
    - easier access to storage module, torpedo module and battery would be nice, at time I find harder to do it from the moonpool than if I just parked the subs outside

- No auto repair, I like to do it myself and if my base is strained for energy I don't want a source I can't control

- Slower recharging of vehicle battery in the moonpool (to avoid draining the base energy storage), that or a separate base-battery that I'm likely to suggest tomorrow

- I'm against building vehicle inside the moonpool, myself I like "building new ship" being a big deal so I'm more likely to suggest ....a surface drydock, large enough for the Cyclops and requiring to be at the surface. Obviously it would be a big can of sea-worm to implement
  • DragoWhoovesDragoWhooves UK Join Date: 2017-05-30 Member: 230836Members
    (newcomer here)- No auto repair, I like to do it myself and if my base is strained for energy I don't want a source I can't control

- Slower recharging of vehicle battery in the moonpool (to avoid draining the base energy storage), that or a separate base-battery that I'm likely to suggest tomorrow

how about making both of those configurable at the vehicle modification station? and have that as a requirement for charging/repair as well

• IlexLegionIlexLegion Join Date: 2016-09-21 Member: 222475Members
    I love the idea of building at the moonpool and think it should be standard. Being forced to build a PRAWN at the surface seems strange to me. Of course, the moonpool shouldn't be allowed to build the Cyclops. That should be surface only due to the size requirement until a Cyclops dock is designed.
  • EstebanLB01EstebanLB01 Join Date: 2017-05-09 Member: 230377Members
    edited June 2017
    I like this idea too. But it needs a balance in recharging and repair rates.
    Using the repair tool and power cell charger should still be more energy efficient