Use of Torpedoes

JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members
Who here has used torpedoes? Regular grav void or poison gas? Against what with what consequences? Anything else you discovered while using them?

Comments

• CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
    Torpedoes are pretty pointless. They definitely aren't needed in the game, more to just mess around with.
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    edited March 2017
    I tried using them against a reaper only to find out that they phase through a reapers head to explode harmlessly on the other side. For everything else its more effective to just ram it.
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    I gave them a try, but my play style has settled on non-hostile and much like I never bring weapons with me I don't outfit my vehicles with weapons.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    I fiddled with the vortex torpedoes a looooooong time ago. Haven't tried to use the gas ones.
  • cdaragorncdaragorn Join Date: 2016-02-07 Member: 212685Members
    DrownedOut wrote: »
    I gave them a try, but my play style has settled on non-hostile and much like I never bring weapons with me I don't outfit my vehicles with weapons.

Neither does anyone else since there are no weapons anywhere in this game. Other than the knife, of course.

I want to try the torps sometime, but they do feel pretty useless. If the vortex ones could at least stop a reaper for a few seconds then I could see them as useful to have with me just in case, but I generally feel like I need the limited slots for other upgrades.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    I've learned the gas torpedoes are fairly effective at taking down Warpers.

However, I've also learned that a Propulsion Cannon + Crashfish is much more useful.

• AvimimusAvimimus Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214968Members
    It'd be nice to have a gas grenade as a form of repellent when diving... but if you are in a seamoth the only thing which is dangerous is the thing behind you... forward facing torpedoes aren't useful.