Any plans to add more land?

2»

Comments

• scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    Myrm wrote: »
    Yep, "uncharted ocean planet" is the description given in the lifepod status screen. Now do you wish to argue that white is black (and get yourself killed on a zebra crossing)? :D

Bonus Awesome awarded to @Myrm for Terry Pratchett reference. :)

Terry Pratchett? I thought it was a Douglas Adams reference.

AUGH! How could I make a mistake like that?! :cry:
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    Yep, "uncharted ocean planet" is the description given in the lifepod status screen. Now do you wish to argue that white is black (and get yourself killed on a zebra crossing)? :D

Quick everybody! Let's beat him up! :D
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    Kyman201 wrote: »
    Except not underwater. Which is like 99% of the point of Subnautica, and why I bought it. Getting rid of the oceans of the game is removing a good deal of the reason people like it.

Yes I know I don't have to buy it or play it but I'd rather see the developer resources put into making a better ocean exploration game than have those resources put into making a level/zone about a different planet that doesn't have any ocean and then stapling it onto Subnautica.

Well that's fine, I just thought adapting the game mechanics to a similar experience would be easier for the devs to code, but different enough for players so they wouldn't think "oh, the devs just copy-pasted the core game to this DLC, what a letdown..."

Alternatively you might like an earlier idea I had for a New Game+ instead: After going through the game and launching off in the rocket, you're targeted by a backup defense system and your rocket is shot down. You crash down on the other side of Planet 4546B (effectively a fresh game with all-new terrain but you can't access your old bases) but you carry over all of your PDA recipes and encyclopedia entries. :)
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members

Quick everybody! Let's beat him up! :D

B)