Why can we hear the Sea Dragon from the Disease Research Facility?

CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
He is like 400 meters away and we can still hear him.

Comments

• ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    He is like 400 meters away and we can still hear him.

The walls are really thin...

• CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
    It still kind of ruins the immersion. When it is all eerie and next thing you know ROOOOOOOAR!
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    Yeah, that bothers me too. Don't like the reefback sounds in the JSC either. If there's anything that can be done about this, it'd be a good polishing point for V1.0.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited March 2017
    For the same reason that one can hear Whale Sounds from miles away here on Earth...

The Water.

B)
  • CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
  • 999Antonio3849999Antonio3849 Emperor Aquarium Join Date: 2016-10-23 Member: 223324Members
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    For the same reason that one can hear Whale Sounds from miles away here on Earth...

The Water.

B)

SCIENCE solves all yo problems
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    edited March 2017
    That, I admit, works for the reefbacks, not for the sea dragon, which you only hear in that specific are of the LR. If we heard it around the embryo tree, okay, but we do not.

As for reefbacks, their call ruins the atmosphere in the JSC (or maybe I'm the only one who thinks that?), so if nothing else it'd be nice if they didn't hang above the entrances anymore.
  • bwc153bwc153 Shawnee, KS, US Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213659Members
    On a related note: Have you guys heard Reaper Leviathans while inside the Aurora's bowels?
  • FluffersFluffers United States Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204749Members
    DrownedOut wrote: »
    That, I admit, works for the reefbacks, not for the sea dragon, which you only hear in that specific are of the LR. If we heard it around the embryo tree, okay, but we do not.

As for reefbacks, their call ruins the atmosphere in the JSC (or maybe I'm the only one who thinks that?), so if nothing else it'd be nice if they didn't hang above the entrances anymore.

Honestly, I'd like it if reefback calls could be heard from further away at much fainter levels.
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    Being able to hear the Sea Dragon from a long distance away doesn't bother me nearly as much as not being able to hear other life from similar (or greater) distance. @Fluffers hit it square on the head: we should be able to hear reefbacks (and Reapers) a much longer way away, albeit more quiet and distorted. Whalesong can travel over 100 miles, after all.
    edited March 2017
    Being able to hear the Sea Dragon from a long distance away doesn't bother me nearly as much as not being able to hear other life from similar (or greater) distance. @Fluffers hit it square on the head: we should be able to hear reefbacks (and Reapers) a much longer way away, albeit more quiet and distorted. Whalesong can travel over 100 miles, after all.

Yes but some things really do ruin the atmosphere. This is a video game, so it is nice to just hear music instead of chaos and noises all the time.Things like the Sea Dragon don't blend well in the lost river, same with thinks like the reefbacks in the JSC, etc.