k

hugothesilverdragonhugothesilverdragon canad Join Date: 2015-11-30 Member: 209620Members

Comments

• ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    I originally bought this game for the interesting and unique environment. The precursor bases are cool and all but for me I would like to see more wildlife to scan and study :)
  • supertiger2340supertiger2340 Eugene OR USA Join Date: 2017-07-21 Member: 231956Members
  • RecursionRecursion The cosmos Join Date: 2017-07-01 Member: 231505Members
    Tarkannen wrote: »
    Okay so let's see...

"K"... what could this cryptic message mean?

"K" is the 11th letter of the alphabet, which is a prime number as only 11 and 1 will divide evenly into it. "K" is also an interesting letter of the alphabet, as it's one of a handful that can be folded horizontally evenly with no overlapping. Counting the K in the group, there are only 9 letters in the alphabet with this property (B C D E H I K O X). We can take these letters and form the word Bcdehikox, which could be a code word for an upcoming secret project.

So if we factor in all of this information into some form of formula we can extrapolate the following:

1. 11 is a prime number into itself, a trait it only shares with 1. Since these numbers are similar ("One" and "One-one"), we'll add them together (11+1=12).
    2. There are only 9 totals letters in the alphabet that share this unique property, so they stand out among themselves to be equally divided horizontally. This means we must divide it by the previous value (12/9=3).
    3. The secret project Bcdehikox, which sounds like Latin and is considered to be many a dead language, must refer to a project that has long been considered dead by this point. But Latin is not completely dead as it finds limited use these days... so it could be considered to have a "half-life"?
    4. And finally... the "K" itself. Perhaps it's just a confirmation - something short and sweet. Why say "Okay" when a "K" will suffice?

And so once we amalgamate these postulations and form a theory, we come to the undeniable truth:

orig_31fe99635b9fee793c34bd22093c3d95.jpg

Sorry for all that nonsense... I was bored. :smirk:

Never mind, I occasionally just describe everything with science.
  • adel_50adel_50 Join Date: 2016-09-01 Member: 221973Members
    Okay so let's see...

"K" is the 11th letter of the alphabet, which is a prime number as only 11 and 1 will divide evenly into it. "K" is also an interesting letter of the alphabet, as it's one of a handful that can be folded horizontally evenly with no overlapping. Counting the K in the group, there are only 9 letters in the alphabet with this property (B C D E H I K O X). We can take these letters and form the word Bcdehikox, which could be a code word for an upcoming secret project.

So if we factor in all of this information into some form of formula we can extrapolate the following:

1. 11 is a prime number into itself, a trait it only shares with 1. Since these numbers are similar ("One" and "One-one"), we'll add them together (11+1=12).
    2. There are only 9 totals letters in the alphabet that share this unique property, so they stand out among themselves to be equally divided horizontally. This means we must divide it by the previous value (12/9=3).
    3. The secret project Bcdehikox, which sounds like Latin and is considered to be many a dead language, must refer to a project that has long been considered dead by this point. But Latin is not completely dead as it finds limited use these days... so it could be considered to have a "half-life"?
    4. And finally... the "K" itself. Perhaps it's just a confirmation - something short and sweet. Why say "Okay" when a "K" will suffice?

And so once we amalgamate these postulations and form a theory, we come to the undeniable truth:

The reason why I'm here had fun reading all of that
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    edited August 2017
    Okay so let's see...

"K" is the 11th letter of the alphabet,...
    which is a prime number as only 11 and 1 will divide evenly into it. "K" is also an interesting letter of the alphabet, as it's one of a handful that can be folded horizontally evenly with no overlapping. Counting the K in the group, there are only 9 letters in the alphabet with this property (B C D E H I K O X). We can take these letters and form the word Bcdehikox, which could be a code word for an upcoming secret project.

K is Potassium, and Potassium is a key ingredient in gun powder. So, I assumed the thread is about reasons to add guns to the game--which we know ain't gonna happen! This is a game about sea exploration and not a shooter.

Though, I enjoyed your reply. :)

• kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    If you didn't see, the artifact on my Marguiet Maida drawing has an orange lambada on it.

42784ummm7mu.jpg

Cause I enjoy hiding stuff like that in my drawings.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    k:
    A social study experiment that wants to find out how much people answer to a question without knowing the question itself when the answer is presented in a multiple choice way.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    Is this the "K" you're looking for...

0qpkyt93lmnm.png

Don't Blink...

B)
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    K is a unit of measurement of temperature (kelvin)

Perhaps he wants the Antarctic biome to be added as absolute zero is read as 0k