I Think I Might be Done...

KrayZSamuraiKrayZSamurai Canada Join Date: 2017-02-16 Member: 227975Members
I am somewhat tired of the game suddenly. I was obsessed for AGES with the game and played it constantly, and now I'm tired of it.

I have deleted quite a few saves due to updates, unexpected creatures lurking in the Safe Shallows (not pointing any fingers here, but... Levi. He wouldn't get out of the shallows! I hid for several Subnautica days and he wouldn't leave! I had lost my PRAWN and Seamoth so I had no way of escape.), miserable lag in a specific game area, and recently, corrupted saves.

I have gone through maybe 8 games and I am very upset. I worked hard to get all of my bases and submersibles and items and took me such a long time to explore all of those different areas, it can get tiring after a while to have to restart after getting so much good stuff. And the performance of the game has gone down with the Infection update, so it's very hard to play when in areas that require me to get away from deadly creatures.

So, I think I might wait until the next update is out, OR, until the game is completely and fully released to play it again.

Unknown Worlds team; you guys are awesome and this game is simply awesome and you've all done so much to make it work with the Xbox One systems. I'm not trying to complain or sound harsh, but the game just needs a few holes to be filled in.

I'll still be 'stalking' (see what I did there?) around the forums to see what's up, but I won't be posting too much about the game itself unless it's a development question. Anyways, it was fun, but I need a break.

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2017
    My advice is to avoid Subnautica for a while, you seem burned out due to the various development. That can happen to anyone, the issues that still plague the game from time to time are indeed quite frustrating :)

I know you're a fan the way you wrote about it, just pick it up again when the game is nearing completion or when it hits V1.0 Gold :) <-- that will be harder than you think btw :trollface:
  • KrayZSamuraiKrayZSamurai Canada Join Date: 2017-02-16 Member: 227975Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    My advice is to avoid Subnautica for a while, you seem burned out due to the various development. That can happen to anyone, the issues that still plague the game from time to time are indeed quite frustrating :)

I know you're a fan the way you wrote about it, just pick it up again when the game is nearing completion or when it hits V1.0 Gold :) <-- that will be harder than you think btw :trollface:

Yes, I was a huge fan of the game FAR before I even knew it was out on the Xbox One. I loved watching let's plays of it and I was dying to get it on the PC (which was a crappy one and wouldn't have run the game any smoother). When I saw it was available on the Xbox One, I was SCRAMBLING to get a card to buy it!

Yeah, a good long break is what I need. I'm really hoping things get all fixed soon.
  • BlindGuardianBlindGuardian Canada Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217604Members
    You can use the dev console to just immediately get all of your stuff back. You have to type it in but it works. Press LB+RB+A to bring up text entry window.

http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Debug_Console_Commands
  • KrayZSamuraiKrayZSamurai Canada Join Date: 2017-02-16 Member: 227975Members
    You can use the dev console to just immediately get all of your stuff back. You have to type it in but it works. Press LB+RB+A to bring up text entry window.

http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Debug_Console_Commands

In my opinion, however, that can count as 'cheating' in a sense. And I didn't lose my stuff via a bug, so that also makes it invalid IN MY OPINION (everyone else may not feel the same as I). And I only lost my stuff because of Levi. Even if I did spawn my stuff back in, he'd just destroy them again.
  • Spooky626Spooky626 US Join Date: 2017-03-14 Member: 228922Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »

yeah, i'm gonna wait for a patch/update. I've had the same worked hard lost it all problem.

• Yargish89Yargish89 new mexico usa Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217575Members
    hope you find many fun games to play in the wait for it to be done dude
  • WeylandYutani1989WeylandYutani1989 Join Date: 2017-03-14 Member: 228931Members
    So long for now , I can no longer stand the pain of a 5th save game corruption , already lost 100+ hours of game play , so so annoying !!!