Similarities in Giant Skeletons!

NovanCrusaderNovanCrusader United StatesMembers Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228373Posts: 17 Advanced user

So, I am a huge fan of Spore and I would definitely hope someone makes another game like it in the near future, but when I first saw the giant skeleton in the Lost River, I was so immersed in getting to know the story in Subnautica that I failed to realize that the Lost River giant skeleton looks just like a "Hyper epic" skeleton from Spore!

I'm not saying it's copied from Spore. I'd like to think it was inspired by it, but who really knows. More than likely it's just coincidence. :)

s5si4n7rb4tv.png
ShuttleBugscifiwriterguy

Comments

• Spooky626Spooky626 USMembers Join Date: 2017-03-14 Member: 228922Posts: 24 Fully active user
    y'know, you kind of are right about this. there are some big similarities in the bone structure.
    NovanCrusader
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USAMembers Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Posts: 567 Advanced user
    I find it awfully convenient that every large animal in the universe always dies like that :/
    We secure. We contain. We protect.
    — The Administrator
    SnailsAttackNovanCrusaderTenebrousNova
  • NovanCrusaderNovanCrusader United StatesMembers Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228373Posts: 17 Advanced user
    ShuttleBug wrote: »
    I find it awfully convenient that every large animal in the universe always dies like that :/

In Spore, the hyper epic skeletons are procedural like the planets themselves, so while the bones may be the same, their positions might be different. Although not tilted.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The NetherlandsMembers, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Posts: 15,782 Advanced user
    Spore is also a video game, just like Subnautica. What is going on here :trollface:

side note: I wish Spore was more like the preview videos they showed

Guardian of the "magic cookiejar" 

Retired forum Admin, I mostly used a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly

Retired EUPT Deputy | Moral Support | Squad 5 Blue | 102 1HP Skulk escapes and counting

NovanCrusaderscifiwriterguy
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USAMembers Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Posts: 567 Advanced user
    Spore
    Subnautica

Coincidence?

I think not
    — The Administrator
    NovanCrusader
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NYMembers Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Posts: 1,336 Advanced user
    edited March 2017
    Damn Mother Nature, finding a skeletal design that works best and then sticking with it for billions of years across the universe...

She's soooo single minded.

:*
    NovanCrusaderscifiwriterguyShuttleBug
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-αMembers Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Posts: 858 Advanced user

Yeah! You'd think, just once, one of these alien dinosaurs would go "You know, I'm dying. But I think I'll adopt a final pose like Jackson's Thriller. That oughta confuse a lot of people."

skeleton_thriller_dance_by_ebuchan.jpg
    The poor mesmer. Beautiful fish. Too bad it's named after a jerk.
    ShuttleBugNovanCrusader
    "Hurry, strike a pose!"
    obpqu4j1bm71.jpg
    — The Administrator
    NovanCrusader
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NYMembers Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Posts: 1,336 Advanced user
    "Hurry, strike a pose!"
    obpqu4j1bm71.jpg

I've always kinda figured that Madonna would donate her body to science after expiring.
    B)
  • DagothUrDagothUr FloridaMembers Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220125Posts: 324 Advanced user
    DagothUr wrote: »
    ancient-pompeii.jpg

This is what happens when people stand around gawking at a disaster.

B)
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    DagothUr wrote: »
    ancient-pompeii.jpg

This is what happens when people stand around gawking at a disaster.

B)

— The Administrator