QA Team Update - Natural Selection 2

2»

Comments

• MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    edited March 2017
    Was going to make a new thread for this, but this seems like a good a place as any to ask (since Ironhorse will most likely be the one to answer) :)

The Tactical Gamer server has a mod (or mods?) that add two wonderful features to the game.. Switch and Swap

Switch allows players to switch teams when they get forced to the team they hate to play via shuffle. (so long as someone on the other team is willing to switch)

Swap allows players to point out imbalance pre-game and offer solutions (Hey X and Y players really should be on opposite teams)

What are the chances of these two features making it into vanilla? I think they could potentially help improve the quality of games by a fairly good margin. Especially considering how god awful shuffle can sometimes be.
  • bonagebonage Join Date: 2012-10-13 Member: 162230Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    IronHorse wrote: »
    bonage wrote: »
    Does UWE believe NS2 has anything left in the tank to warrant an official QA position? Is there going to be a significant increase in development output or is it going to be more of the same?
    Good question! The answer is yes, essentially, as the team has some larger features coming down the pipeline and they have their hands full with development, so they can no longer afford the time or focus necessary to truly ensure a bug free build by sitting in and managing PT sessions or reports. Some of these larger features and changes will be ripe with new bugs that need a detail oriented eyes and organization. You can always expect "more of the same" in regard to small fixes, but like I mentioned there's some bigger items coming too that we cannot just yet mention as its still too early in development / their viability is being assessed and we don't wish to get anyone's hopes up.
    Does that answer your question?

You technically answered my question. It's a shame it will be more of the same work though - was hoping for a more substantial ramp up in output, though I do understand that this is beyond your control.

IronHorse wrote: »
    In my mind, a theoretical NS3 would be something many in this community might not even appreciate. I envision it as something that's less niche and much more casual, with mass appeal.
    But who's to say... in any case I know that the current team would be incredibly happy to start on such a promising project. But that doesn't take away from their passion on the work they do now.
    I guess that's really the summary / core answer to your question. Our passion for the game is still what drives us, against any potential demoralizing odds.

It's great that you guys are still passionate about the game - it's just disappointing that the other half of UWE doesn't share that passion. There's a real disconnect between the NS2 team and the rest of the company which at the end of the day tarnishes the work you guys do and filters down to affect the people playing the game. I think working on that is more important than any patch or update.

I also agree with your view on NS3, though I would use the word streamlined instead of casual - a game of that sort should appeal to different levels of players - not just casuals. CSGO prime example of mp game with multiple viable skill levels using same mechanics.

Maybe one day we'll get to see it - who knows you might even QA for it ;)
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    edited March 2017
    CSGO is not as high skill as many people advertise, but it is a decently competitive game.