Reinforced Glass

NovanCrusaderNovanCrusader United States Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228373Members
edited March 2017 in Ideas and Suggestions
So, I have a base at the magma floor after you descend further than the lost river, but just before the Lava Zone, and I have several glass walls around it, but more reinforced walls than others. I'm not saying to make a transparent version of the reinforced wall, but my idea is to create blueprints for reinforced glass walls, instead of the regular glass walls, because at a depth of 1,200 meters, the base gets more easily crushed as expected, and glass weakens the structure without reinforced walls,

But why does the glass still look as thick as it does near, say, the surface of the oceans. Realistically, I think glass as thick as the ones in the walls we build would definitely crack and shatter from the sheer pressure.

I say they add reinforced glass that requires at least enameled glass to construct, and give it a slightly thicker structure, to compensate for the pressure.

Though, I may just be a bit blind, or maybe the glass is built in a practical place on the walls, and in a practical way. (My brain hasn't cooperated with me as of late, so who knows! :p)

Let me know your opinions.

Comments