Docking the PRAWN with the Cyclops with the torpedo arm loaded launched Cyclops into orbit.

SilveressaSilveressa USA Join Date: 2015-03-18 Member: 202279Members
edited March 2017 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
I noticed this bug today after equipping the torpedo arm and docking it with my Cyclops, about 4 seconds after docking the Cyclops was launched at least 100m+ into the air and sideways, sailing almost 1000m from the base before standing tail first, rolling several times and permanently lodging itself sideways into the sand of the shallows.

Comments

• god0606god0606 Italy Join Date: 2016-10-20 Member: 223261Members
    It also removes other 4 windows for upgrading modules of the Prawn suit. Bugs the whole prawn suit, and reloading doesn't fix the issue.
  • marcarsteinmarcarstein Join Date: 2017-04-22 Member: 229861Members
    edited April 2017
    hello, i have the same problem as mentioned above.
    i tried a few things : unloading the prawn made it go undermap (only a few meters but still) and after reloading a previous save, i did manage to get him on the base but it gets all bugged and i loose every upgrade (exception of the torpedo arm and the actual torpedoes), as mentioned above.
    i had 1 torpedo arm with 4 torpedoes inside and a drill arm.

i have to try with 2 torpedo arms to see if it is a problem of balance (torpedoes may have some weight that makes the cyclops equilibrium go away)

Will post further tests.
    Hope this helps, great game btw (sorry for bad english or lack of vocabulary)

PS: i am not in dev mode
  • SenneraSennera Texas Join Date: 2015-07-07 Member: 206043Members
    This has a trello card for it, so progress on fixing can be tracked: https://trello.com/c/UzmLCkiH
    edited April 2017
    ok, so i did a few tests, here are the results:
    the torpedo arm is indeed what makes the cyclops go crazy
    i tried:
    one torpedo arm unloaded (same as before)
    two torpedo arms (waight balance ?) didn't work either.

i concluded that the torpedo arm makes the cyclops bug whether or not it is loaded.
    btw if it happens to you and you didn't quit the game, your exosuit won't bug and you will not loose all upgrades.
    almost forgot : if you leave the cyclops with the prawn, it will slowly go back like if it is not bugged but i can't do anything when the suit is inside with the torpedo arm.

hope this can help the devs
  • SenneraSennera Texas Join Date: 2015-07-07 Member: 206043Members
    I'm pretty sure it's a problem with the torpedo arm clipping into the cyclops bay doors, so physically the cyclops is colliding with the docked prawn's torpedo arm and the physics engine does the whole "equal and opposite reaction" thing, but because the two are fused together it freaks out since it can't do the "opposite" half of that to the prawn suit.
    edited April 2017
    can be possible, once i saw that the prawn was not on the right place:
    i mean he was a bit too much on the front than it is usually, could be a clue about what is happening