Infected Update - Performance

KrayZSamuraiKrayZSamurai Canada Join Date: 2017-02-16 Member: 227975Members
Believe it or not, after starting a new game, I'm actually in the exact same spot I was in my first game that I had made! And, I dunno if it's because of location in the game, but the performance is pure crap.

I felt like I was playing again back before the Precursor/Coffee update came out because of how bad the lag is. Please tell me it won't be like this for the rest of the game! If it's best that I delete this game and start a new one again, I'm willing to do that cuz I'm just naked in the world (AKA barely started). I just REALLY hope that the performance isn't bad again cuz I really like it when it was crystal clear.

Comments

• BlindGuardianBlindGuardian Canada Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217604Members
    My framerate is smooth, but the game seems to pause for 5-10 seconds often now, especially when going fast.

Otherwise when I'm just swimming around doing things I'm not getting too many bad drops, but when I do it basically freezes.

They are always working on improving performance, they basically have to re-tune everything performance wise every time they update the game as far as I know. So in the end it will probably be smooth, but since it's still a work in progress these are some of the growing pains we all sort of have to deal with.
  • jeffreakqcjeffreakqc canada Join Date: 2016-07-28 Member: 220733Members
    JeFFreaK Qc About the FPS, is same here... but when i have reach the position where the distress ship was supposed to land to save us... the fps have begin to goin baddest then that ever was b4... serious.. my Xbox grind like my old pentium grinded when Windows 95 have come out....

But the differance with you is.. me i have the game for a loooonng time but i have just start to play again last night and in the past... when i have uninstall th game from my hard drive... for many many many (trumpet) months ago... the game was not get any fix of the fps bug porb.. and for me.. the framerate is barely same then that was in past... but if i understand corectly.. (cause my english like you have certainly remarked, is not exactly my primary langage) so if i understand.. you talked about some fix about the framrate b4 this update ?...All was smooth at 100% about the game fps?
  • BlindGuardianBlindGuardian Canada Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217604Members
    jeffreakqc wrote: »
    JeFFreaK Qc About the FPS, is same here... but when i have reach the position where the distress ship was supposed to land to save us... the fps have begin to goin baddest then that ever was b4... serious.. my Xbox grind like my old pentium grinded when Windows 95 have come out....

But the differance with you is.. me i have the game for a loooonng time but i have just start to play again last night and in the past... when i have uninstall th game from my hard drive... for many many many (trumpet) months ago... the game was not get any fix of the fps bug porb.. and for me.. the framerate is barely same then that was in past... but if i understand corectly.. (cause my english like you have certainly remarked, is not exactly my primary langage) so if i understand.. you talked about some fix about the framrate b4 this update ?...All was smooth at 100% about the game fps?

Not really, the frame rate has always been trouble. It's improved since launch for sure, but it's still an issue. There was never a point where it's been 100% smooth yet.

Hopefully I answered your question?
  • CristofCristof Join Date: 2016-11-10 Member: 223778Members
    I'm also in the unfortunate group of poor fps. Just today, loaded up to see and DL the infected update, and started a new game. With all of 60 seconds of play time I jump in the water... And it's almost too laggy to catch a fish. Imma starve if I start building in this playthrough
  • ShotoutShotout Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224576Members
    XB1S F;
    The 'lag' usually goes away. If the really bothers you, enter a vehicle, habitat, surface, or save and reload.
  • BermudaRectangleBermudaRectangle Texas Join Date: 2017-03-12 Member: 228866Members
    Performance and lag is an issue for me as well, and it doesn't go away.

One thing I've noticed that may or may not help devs address the issue is that the game screen symbols that point out bearing and distance to such things as seamoth, lifepod 5, beacons, etc., often get to where they move up and down as I swim. I've noticed that during episodes of heavy lagging (but haven't looked during the 3 to 10 sec lockups that can frequently occur) the symbols' undulating is exaggerated (on screen travel distance of the symbol up and down is greater).
  • jwpkjwpk Kenner Louisiana Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228321Members
    Another thing that helped me greatly was to delete everything and any thing you didn't need. If your base is large downsize if you added storage to your moth remove it. Ditch all the extra materials you don't need into the new trash can.

I found that down sizing about 40% helped me a lot.

My game still isn't perfect but it's the best so far.
  • HeroHeartedHeroHearted Canada Join Date: 2017-03-13 Member: 228891Members
    Idk why, but the performance felt better before the infected update, albeit it not being the greatest. At least before, you could close/load up the game and it would clear any kind of lag problem. Now, there isn't anything I can do to mitigate the slideshow fps hiccups. I've even clipped through cave walls on accident, because the game couldn't load the environment while I was moving in the seamoth.
  • jwpkjwpk Kenner Louisiana Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228321Members
    I take back what I previously stated. It ran great all week and today it's slowed drastically. Back to the same frame rate it was at a few weeks ago.

jwpk wrote: »
    Another thing that helped me greatly was to delete everything and any thing you didn't need. If your base is large downsize if you added storage to your moth remove it. Ditch all the extra materials you don't need into the new trash can.

I found that down sizing about 40% helped me a lot.

My game still isn't perfect but it's the best so far.