Crag Field - SAVE THE ROCK PUNCHER redux

Phoenix223Phoenix223 Chicago Join Date: 2016-02-18 Member: 213174Members
edited March 2017 in Ideas and Suggestions
I know this is an old topic, but... Many of us want the devs to save Rocky, the Rock Puncher, who is on the chopping block because he terraforms. But what if he didn't have the ability to terraform? What if that was removed and he just attacks random boulders, the kind that Floaters can lift when attached to them, or was just belligerent to nearby creatures or players that got too close? For me, that would be enough.

Moreover, the addition of the Crag Fields presents an opportunity to give the Rock Puncher its own biome, an opportunity the devs shouldn't waste. The community wants the Rock Puncher and I believe this is the best way to bring him in without breaking the game.

I myself will understand if this is something that won't be implemented before the 1.0 release; I don't care how long it takes. However, I think I speak for a lot of people in the community when I say:

SAVE THE ROCK PUNCHER! (mic drop)

Comments

• Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members
    edited March 2017
    I'm not saying you're wrong or that the Rock Puncher ain't worth saving but I think the "What if they removed the terraforming thing" was brought up several times in the STRP Classic threads.

Edit: Though I am onboard with seeing the Rock Puncher someday
  • Phoenix223Phoenix223 Chicago Join Date: 2016-02-18 Member: 213174Members
    edited March 2017
    Kyman201 wrote: »
    ...I think the "What if they removed the terraforming thing" was brought up several times in the STRP Classic threads.

I'm not in the loop. Did the devs say anything regarding that? Was it taken into consideration?

I know it was brought up before in one of the earlier SN threads. I don't remember any input from the devs there.
  • Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members
    Phoenix223 wrote: »
    I'm not in the loop. Did the devs say anything regarding that? Was it taken into consideration?

Not the DEVS, AFAIK, but I was more noting that the idea you highlighted was hardly unthought of. I do that sometimes. :P
    edited March 2017
    Kyman201 wrote: »
    Phoenix223 wrote: »

Not the DEVS, AFAIK, but I was more noting that the idea you highlighted was hardly unthought of. I do that sometimes. :P

*shrug* I just wanted to make sure it wasn't missed. It's a key point to saving Rocky from the chopping block.
  • robotflyrobotfly Virginia Join Date: 2015-07-16 Member: 206185Members
    edited March 2017
    I personnally see him being a territorial mantis shrimp hes chill mabey hunts some fish using the shockwaves he makes (that mabey could rock small things like the seamoth) but if he gets too close *BAM* Punched in the face/sub
  • El_Leviatan_FantasmaEl_Leviatan_Fantasma Florida Join Date: 2017-02-19 Member: 228053Members
    What could be done is have some of the rocks that the Floaters attach to laying around the biome and the Rock Puncher can knock them around.
    edited March 2017
    What could be done is have some of the rocks that the Floaters attach to laying around the biome and the Rock Puncher can knock them around.

That's what I'm thinking too. :smiley: Then he can really live up to his name.