subnautica multiplier confirmed

mal666mal666 defuinak springs flMembers Join Date: 2017-02-06 Member: 227667Posts: 9 Fully active user
okay so i recently got on to subnautica and this is what i saw some Xbox live features might not respond such as ( live chat,multiplier) this confirms my suspicions about a multiplayer in subnautica
pie1055
«1

Comments

  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova EnglandMembers Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Posts: 641 Advanced user
    No, that's not a confirmation. It simply means that you won't be able to use those features because Subnautica doesn't support them.
    0x6A7232Timelord_Fred
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NYMembers Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Posts: 1,337 Advanced user
    edited February 2017
    ??????????????????????????

    So all those posts by the Dev's (who are actually creating the game) that said emphatically there will NOT be Multiplayer, just went right over your head.


    Please tell me where this Dream World of yours is..., so I can go and claim the winning ticket on the next $600 million lottery.

    smh
  • mal666mal666 defuinak springs flMembers Join Date: 2017-02-06 Member: 227667Posts: 9 Fully active user
    but it aswell could mean that multiplayer could be a thing since the full game is not out yet

    xb1player
  • ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The DunesMembers Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Posts: 410 Advanced user
    B8 is reel
    Deus Vult, Infidels.

    Reapers have a 125% chance of stealing yo Aurora Crash Zone.
    wowwink
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NYMembers Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Posts: 1,337 Advanced user
    edited February 2017
    mal666 wrote: »
    but it aswell could mean that multiplayer could be a thing since the full game is not out yet

    OK, now your just Trolling...

    Good luck with that.


    I'm going to guess you haven't looked at (never mind read) the thread below yet...

    https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/144802/coop-or-multiplayer-in-subnautica-im-afraid-not/p1

    PLEASE, pay very close attention to the very first post by a Dev of the game.
    B)
  • mal666mal666 defuinak springs flMembers Join Date: 2017-02-06 Member: 227667Posts: 9 Fully active user
    just cause it says its not responding does not mean that there is no multiplayer it just means its not available right now, we all have different opinons especially those who play PC probably did not get this screen message
  • mal666mal666 defuinak springs flMembers Join Date: 2017-02-06 Member: 227667Posts: 9 Fully active user
    mal666 wrote: »
    just cause it says its not responding does not mean that there is no multiplayer it just means its not available right now, we all have different opinons especially those who play PC probably did not get this screen message
    im not trolling it says it on the xbox menu of subnautica but since your a fucking pc player i couldnt expect you to understand that

  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NYMembers Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Posts: 1,337 Advanced user
    edited February 2017
    mal666 wrote: »
    mal666 wrote: »
    just cause it says its not responding does not mean that there is no multiplayer it just means its not available right now, we all have different opinons especially those who play PC probably did not get this screen message
    im not trolling it says it on the xbox menu of subnautica but since your a fucking pc player i couldnt expect you to understand that

    Nice, so do you really think cursing at me is going to change what the Dev's have said over the last three years?

    And since the X-box version is essentially the PC version with a controller, how does your logic still hold up?
  • mal666mal666 defuinak springs flMembers Join Date: 2017-02-06 Member: 227667Posts: 9 Fully active user
    but your opinion is your opinion i dont have to agree with you and you dont have to agree with me but i dont very much like talking to dumbasses who refer to old posts by deb
    xb1player
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The NetherlandsMembers, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Posts: 15,782 Advanced user
    37.gif

    Guardian of the "magic cookiejar" 

    Retired forum Admin, I mostly used a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly

    Retired EUPT Deputy | Moral Support | Squad 5 Blue | 102 1HP Skulk escapes and counting

  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NYMembers Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Posts: 1,337 Advanced user
    edited February 2017
    mal666 wrote: »
    but your opinion is your opinion i dont have to agree with you and you dont have to agree with me but i dont very much like talking to dumbasses who refer to old posts by deb

    LoL ...

    Ok you go ahead and hang on to your idiot mentality, I'm done.

    Have a wonderful day.
    B)
  • mal666mal666 defuinak springs flMembers Join Date: 2017-02-06 Member: 227667Posts: 9 Fully active user

    DaveyNY wrote: »
    mal666 wrote: »
    mal666 wrote: »
    just cause it says its not responding does not mean that there is no multiplayer it just means its not available right now, we all have different opinons especially those who play PC probably did not get this screen message
    im not trolling it says it on the xbox menu of subnautica but since your a fucking pc player i couldnt expect you to understand that

    Nice, so do you really think cursing at me is going to change what the Dev's have said over the last three years?

    And since the X-box version is essentially the PC version with a controller, how does your logic still hold up?

    it holds up pretty well since your using old posts and i dont think causing can change you only proof but ur a dumbass so not evn proof could help you
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good questionMembers Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Posts: 692 Advanced user
    I recommend you reading this OP, since apparently you are too lazy to look for the thread yourself

    https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/144802/coop-or-multiplayer-in-subnautica-im-afraid-not/p1
    Head of the FMMA: By Science and Technology, We Create a Better World

    Wearer of fedoras. Beards for the win.

    #SAVETHEROCKPUNCHER

    Show your support!

    Official Election Crew Roleplay

    PyroFrost
  • MyrmMyrm SwedenMembers Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Posts: 1,052 Advanced user
    edited February 2017
    However, the dev does say this:

    "Maybe one day we'll start over on a different engine and make a new Subnautica game based around coop. A game where one person is piloting the sub, another person is poring over readouts and computers, another is repairing the engines and yet another is radioing for help in a dark biome, where their Seamoth is almost out of juice. We would love to play that game."

    So, no we won't get MP in this SN, but it's a possibility that a new version/type of SN may get it. So really the OP is not in a "dream world", and those saying that this current SN game is not getting MP are also correct. I also note that the OP was not the first one to though insults into the topic. He reacted to somebody throwing insults at him for his post. It's a shame that new member was subjected to abuse for making an observation, regardless of whether he was wrong or right.

    Personally I am not a fan of MP. the only game I play with MP is Elite Dangerous Horizons.
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days.Members Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Posts: 1,124 Advanced user
  • GreybeardGreybeard USAMembers Join Date: 2016-09-24 Member: 222538Posts: 75 Advanced user
    edited February 2017
    Opinions are irrelevant when there are facts. I don't think it's the devs OPINIONS there won't be multiplayer. It's okay that you're wrong, but don't argue to try and save face, it just looks bad and embarrassing.

    Multiplayer would be neat and all, but it's not going to happen just because you misinterpreted something and fail to see the facts. Or, just a troll.

    Not to mention, the part you read is simply a cut and paste clause put into every disclaimer ever, multiplayer or not.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NYMembers Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Posts: 1,337 Advanced user
    edited February 2017
    Myrm wrote: »
    However, the dev does say this:

    "Maybe one day we'll start over on a different engine and make a new Subnautica game based around coop. A game where one person is piloting the sub, another person is poring over readouts and computers, another is repairing the engines and yet another is radioing for help in a dark biome, where their Seamoth is almost out of juice. We would love to play that game."

    So, no we won't get MP in this SN, but it's a possibility that a new version/type of SN may get it. So really the OP is not in a "dream world", and those saying that this current SN game is not getting MP are also correct. I also note that the OP was not the first one to though insults into the topic. He reacted to somebody throwing insults at him for his post. It's a shame that new member was subjected to abuse for making an observation, regardless of whether he was wrong or right.

    Personally I am not a fan of MP. the only game I play with MP is Elite Dangerous Horizons.

    He states that because of what he sees in his version of the Xbox game, that there IS going to be Multiplayer in the game.

    He doesn't say anything about FUTURE games developed by this same company.

    And he is also the first one to resort to swearing and explicit name calling, as well as completely denying what the Dev's have posted, because apparently in his mind, it was stated farther back than "yesterday".

    You want to try and defend that you go right ahead, but I doubt you'll get much in the way of support.

    < shrug >
    Post edited by DaveyNY on
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NYMembers Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Posts: 1,337 Advanced user
    I recommend you reading this OP, since apparently you are too lazy to look for the thread yourself

    https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/144802/coop-or-multiplayer-in-subnautica-im-afraid-not/p1

    Yeah, I pointed that out to him already.

    Apparently, since it was posted more than a day ago, he feels it's not relevant anymore.

    B)
    Rezca
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The NetherlandsMembers, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Posts: 15,782 Advanced user
    edited February 2017
    gBHGSe37krCSc.gif

    Guardian of the "magic cookiejar" 

    Retired forum Admin, I mostly used a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly

    Retired EUPT Deputy | Moral Support | Squad 5 Blue | 102 1HP Skulk escapes and counting

  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The NetherlandsMembers, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Posts: 15,782 Advanced user
    On the topic of old posts... Which still hold true if they were never edited or overruled by the devs you know...

    Here's a fresh multiplayer thread destroyed, much like this one will mostly likely get something thrown it's way ey @Foxy

    Guardian of the "magic cookiejar" 

    Retired forum Admin, I mostly used a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly

    Retired EUPT Deputy | Moral Support | Squad 5 Blue | 102 1HP Skulk escapes and counting

  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;)Members Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Posts: 1,179 Advanced user
    qe360g6s62he.jpg
    I've been skulking around here for almost four years.

    Yet I still have no idea what's going on.
    CAPSHAWGreybeardTimelord_Fred
  • MyrmMyrm SwedenMembers Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Posts: 1,052 Advanced user
    edited February 2017
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    You want to try and defend that you go right ahead, but I doubt you'll get much in the way of support.

    < shrug >


    I really couldn't give two hoots if my opinion gets support. Perhaps you're the type of person that bases his opinions on how much support he's going to get, rather than speaking your own mind. As for me, my opinions are based on what I think rather than a need to be supported or to be popular among others.

    Here's your < shrug > right back at you.

    :D
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The NetherlandsMembers, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Posts: 15,782 Advanced user
    Myrm wrote: »
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    You want to try and defend that you go right ahead, but I doubt you'll get much in the way of support.

    < shrug >


    I really couldn't give two hoots if my opinion gets support. Perhaps you're the type of person that bases his opinions on how much support he's going to get, rather than speaking your own mind. As for me, my opinions are based on what I think rather than a need to be supported or to be popular among others.

    Here's your < shrug > right back at you.

    :D

    You suck Myrm :trollface:

    Guardian of the "magic cookiejar" 

    Retired forum Admin, I mostly used a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly

    Retired EUPT Deputy | Moral Support | Squad 5 Blue | 102 1HP Skulk escapes and counting

  • CAPSHAWCAPSHAW NevadaMembers Join Date: 2016-09-29 Member: 222692Posts: 274 Advanced user
    Don't know if you guys saw the holy grail memes thread about this. I'll find the link
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NYMembers Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Posts: 1,337 Advanced user
    edited February 2017
    Myrm wrote: »
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    You want to try and defend that you go right ahead, but I doubt you'll get much in the way of support.

    < shrug >


    I really couldn't give two hoots if my opinion gets support. Perhaps you're the type of person that bases his opinions on how much support he's going to get, rather than speaking your own mind. As for me, my opinions are based on what I think rather than a need to be supported or to be popular among others.

    Here's your < shrug > right back at you.

    :D

    But your "opinion" doesn't hold up to what the OP actually posted.
    (which wasn't an "opinion" anyway, since he stated it as a FACT based on an incorrect Assumption)

    That's what I was pointing out in my comment about trying to defend his position.

    I didn't consider what you posted as an "opinion" either, based on the "fact" that you were quoting a Dev's actual comment.
    (which BTW, was later clarified as being pure hyperbole, not a statement of fact)

    I'm sorry you took offense where none was intended, I too was simply stating a fact based on the multitude of responses in the multitude of "Multiplayer/Co-Op" threads in these very forums.

    Overall, it seems that most players agree with the Dev's decision, based on the reasons that They presented for it not happening.

    B)
  • MyrmMyrm SwedenMembers Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Posts: 1,052 Advanced user
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    You suck Myrm :trollface:

    Well, if having my own opinion and not kowtowing to others just feel secure means I suck, then I guess I suck :D
  • MyrmMyrm SwedenMembers Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Posts: 1,052 Advanced user
    The only game I think I ever played on split screen was Spy vs Spy :D
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NYMembers Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Posts: 1,337 Advanced user
    Suckage has so many different meanings that it's hard to know when not to imbibe.

    B)

This discussion has been closed.