Round Stats

maD_maX_maD_maX_ Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184678Members
So at the end of the round we get a basic break down of the round; RT's lost, damage done... this is great! It shows us at what point a team started turning things around, or how bad the stomp really was...

In PUB players come and go off balancing teams for periods of time. I feel that this has as much of an impact on the game as losing RT's. Displaying this data could validate team balance if the corilation is strong.

However I think 2 things could/should be added to show round balance....
1st- a graph of player count, just like the RT graph but showing each teams player count throughout the round.
2nd- a graph of team skill, same as above but showing average team skill.

Imagine looking back and seeing that at the 5 min mark that the marine team team was down 2-3 players for 2 minutes. Or that the Alien hive skill went from 1800 to 1200 when the best player left after 2 minutes but some one else joined at 7min that brought it up to 1700...

Comments

• maD_maX_maD_maX_ Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184678Members
    I have also heard requests for a color coded "heat map" that showed where PG, tunnels, damage, kills took place on the mini map.

Sounds cool but a lot trickier then adding another graph.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I am pretty sure the end of round stats you speak of are actually a feature of NS2+. It has become really hard to tell the difference anymore.

I think Wonitor 2.0 does record some heatmap stats of deaths if a server op wants to enable it.