Reaper Leviathan

KrayZSamuraiKrayZSamurai Canada Join Date: 2017-02-16 Member: 227975Members
edited February 2017 in Subnautica on Consoles
Okay, so I love this game so far! I was able to get over my initial fear of Stalkers and Sand Sharks (they still annoy me though) but I recently was able to get my Sea Moth after looking in the wreck beside lifepod 7 (I didn't know you could actually go inside it). So, I decided to go and check lifepod 8 at the Aurora. Dumb me; I decided to head out later in the day so by the time I got there it was starting to get dark. I dawdled around for a while looking at stuff, and I asked my buddy who was in party chat, "hey, since lifepod 8 is by the Aurora, aren't Reaper Leviathans here?"

He said "oh yeah, it's a guarantee!"

So, after a while I thought the thing spawned but not around me. However, after putsing around all the sudden, one spawns DIRECTLY in front of me! Of course, I screamed like the little girl I am.

I noticed a big trend with the Reaper Leviathans (and this happened to me twice in a row) - Reaper Leviathans ALWAYS spawn directly in front of you! Is this a thing they intentionally put into the game? Or is it random chance that you get the unfortunate sight of a Reaper spawning in front of you? Or is it because if you travel along the sand that that's where they regularly spawn?

I'm also curious as to how many unlucky people got the pleasure of having a Reaper spawn in front of their faces?

Comments

• ShotoutShotout Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224576Members
    edited February 2017
    XB1S; When I started this in Nov 2016, I only found the Reapers Aft and Foward of the Big A.
    Later I started to see them at ALL World map edges.
    This change was confirmed in a post I read addressed to the Devs.
    The Reapers have a distinct roar, if you hear it, it is about to attack.
    And yes they seem to spawn right in front, I would would rather see them first anyway.
    I have used the PRAWN to damage them but you need to leave the area right away.
    I use a Cyclops to explore and hide.
    Enjoy.