No Heat in the new HUD?

zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
The new HUD might look like this.

But what about heat? And wouldn't it be time to allow bases and vehicles to reduce external heat?

A side question: Will there ever be a sleep/mental health bar? Couldn't some creatures like the Mesmer reduce mental health? And sleeping restore it?

Comments

• Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    Oh yeah, the themometer is still a thing.
  • Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members
    zetachron wrote: »
    A side question: Will there ever be a sleep/mental health bar? Couldn't some creatures like the Mesmer reduce mental health? And sleeping restore it?

I frakking HOPE not. There's a point where the meters just become annoying.

(For me it's 'Food and water at all' since I find those to be obnoxious busywork that get in the way of exploring, and once you get some growbeds and a water filter it's kind of a moot point anyway)
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Kyman201 wrote: »

I frakking HOPE not. There's a point where the meters just become annoying.

(For me it's 'Food and water at all' since I find those to be obnoxious busywork that get in the way of exploring, and once you get some growbeds and a water filter it's kind of a moot point anyway)

Just a simple question: Why do you play Survival Mode if this stuff is "obnoxious busywork"?
    Just a simple question: Why do you play Survival Mode if this stuff is "obnoxious busywork"?

Well I did, once, and haven't since. I'm not saying that other people can't play with Survival Mode, just that I don't see the point in another bar/meter.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Kyman201 wrote: »

Well I did, once, and haven't since. I'm not saying that other people can't play with Survival Mode, just that I don't see the point in another bar/meter.

That is very strange to me. You say that you don't want to stop me and others from playing Survival Mode, yet you want to have the devs offer me no additional bars for the Survival Mode?

I mean, those additional bars would only be there for fans of the Survival Mode and not appear outside the Survival Mode. It wouldn't make sense to increase "obnoxious busywork" for non-Survival Mode, so you would never have to face it! Do you really want to tell people how they should play their Survival Mode if you don't do it?

Of course, I consider another possibility that I already told the devs. That some people like to eat and drink in the game, but without the "obnoxious busywork" to be forced to manage it forced in time or at a pace that is too fast for you and keeps you from feeling free. That could be a reason you want to pledge for less intensive survival, as you hope to get a mild Survival Mode. Otherwise it would be rude to tell others what they should do.

Maybe we need a Soft Survival option:
    You only get small disadvantages if you don't meet the needs. If you begin to starve from food and water you could get slightly slower or your stomage could start to growl from time to time. If you would get sleepy your vision could get less far and the vision angle narrow or the vision get blurry or you could simply start to yawn from time to time. Nothing really too essential but signaling it's time to care about your body.

I don't know if it's too disturbing if you hear growling or yawning or getting blurry sight for a second every minute. Maybe the pace of survival should be reduced in soft survival too.
  • pie1055pie1055 Join Date: 2016-12-05 Member: 224603Members
    I just wish that if I filled a hunger/thirst bar to full it would stay full for a time before beginning to drop. So annoying to fill up thirst with a water bottle that wastes a few points (say +20 with 84 thirst) only to see the thirst bar drop to 99 immediately.
    That is very strange to me. You say that you don't want to stop me and others from playing Survival Mode, yet you want to have the devs offer me no additional bars for the Survival Mode?

I honestly can't explain it in very concrete terms why I objected to a "Mental Well Being Bar".

Hell, I can't even explain why I tolerate things like that in say, Stardew Valley and the Harvest Moon games but don't like them in Subnautica.