Ideas for Glove Slot

DracobombaDracobomba Join Date: 2016-04-08 Member: 215502Members
Simply put, there's only one thing in the glove slot that ever gets used, and it's never taken off-Radiation gloves.

In that case, why don't we come up with other things that we can stick in the glove slot? Anything that provides a small passive boost is probably easy to implement and gives us more things to scan as well as more things to craft. Give the developers some good ideas here!

Personally, I think that Webbed gloves, which would slightly increase swim speed, would fit very well into the current design of the game. There could also be alternative upgrades to it via the modification station, similar to the fins.

Comments

• Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members
    I think I saw someone come up with an idea for like a Dive Data Glove Set, which combined a compass, thermometer, and PDA, freeing up the Gizmo slots.
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    Upgrades for your gloves. You could have a stasis glove and a propulsion glove...

I'm just scrambling for ideas here. I've never really understood the glove slot. I do think what we need for it is some sort of multi-purpose glove that can do a lot of things. Maybe just a scanner glove, where if you pick up a fish or touch another creature it immediately gets added to your data banks? Or hold a material?

But all of this is very late-game, however. Perhaps for early game there could be a glove where, if you input a certain item, it will beep louder as you get closer to that item. I never knew where to look for Crash Powder when I was starting off, so something that at least gives you a clue would have been handy.

Again, I'm just scrambling for ideas; I'm sure there are better ones out there.