The crabsquid is weird.

kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
This is what I see the crabsquid as:
cfekx23ai277.jpg

in my head is

m4qnk8ljdy82.jpg

I'm weird, i know. But the crabsquid does look like a baby head with spider legs, in my defense.

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2017
    In my mind it clicked with a more biological version of the Arachnotron or perhaps a distant cousin of the Octabrain
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    Craaaaab people
    Craaaaab people
    Craaaaab people
    Craaaaab people
    Craaaaab people
    Craaaaab people
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    Skope wrote: »
    kingkuma wrote: »
    This is what I see the crabsquid as:
    cfekx23ai277.jpg

in my head is

m4qnk8ljdy82.jpg

I'm weird, i know. But the crabsquid does look like a baby head with spider legs, in my defense.

Thanks for that image.

Now the Deep Grand Reef is even more terrifying.

boaneirt8ehu.jpg

this is hilarious.
  • FluffersFluffers United States Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204749Members
    Speaking of the crabsquid, has anyone else noticed that they have the exact same sounds as the muto from the most recent godzilla movie? They're also both capable of producing EMP's....

• SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Fluffers wrote: »
    Speaking of the crabsquid, has anyone else noticed that they have the exact same sounds as the muto from the most recent godzilla movie? They're also both capable of producing EMP's....

Some of those noises do bare an uncanny resemblance to Crabsquid...

4ids3sotbnp5.jpg
  • LordSingulothLordSinguloth Join Date: 2017-01-19 Member: 226955Members
    Please make this a mod
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    Speaking of the crabsquid, has anyone else noticed that they have the exact same sounds as the muto from the most recent godzilla movie? They're also both capable of producing EMP's.

wow... how did you notice this? Maybe the sounds were inspired, or created the same way. Also, the roar at 1:22 sounds near exactly like the seadragon.

note , according to the wiki: "The sounds of the Crabsquid were created using the sounds of a creaking door and dolphins." I couldn't find what the muto sounds were made from, though.