How to get into (and out of) the Precursor generator - and live to tell about it

kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
I recently took an expedition into the ILZ for the first time, and it was a great success(kinda). So I thought I'd post how I did it.

You are going to need:
LISTS OF SUPPLIES
(A "!" means I took it)

NESSESSARY
  • A P.R.A.W.N Suit !
  • A depth compensator mk3 upgrade !
  • A prawn grapple arm !
  • A Storage module !
  • About 5 large waters 1 (I took 6, (along with about 10 filtered) I only used 4 of the large ones. it never hurts to over-prepare.)
  • 2 purple precursor keys*
  • A thermoblade (or two) ! (I took 2)
  • 3 extra fully-charged powercells ! (I took 4)
  • A hull armor upgrade (if you have room)
  • An extra battery !
  • A reinforced dive suit !
*I looked on the wiki, and it said these weren't needed to get in. So I didn't bring them, and my mission failed. I later fixed the wiki.
USEFUL BUT NOT NESSESSARY
  • A prawn drill arm ! (if you don't already have the jump jet / thermal reactor upgrades)
  • A prawn propulsion cannon arm !( I find it REALLY fun to launch lava larvae at other lava larvae)
  • A torpedo arm
  • About 4 vortex torpedoes
  • A repair tool !
  • A stasis rifle
  • A crashfish ! (to deal with pesky seadragons - only bring if you have a prop cannon)

Steps -
  1. get all this stuff. Also, leave your storage module empty
  2. fully charge your prawn
  3. sleep
  4. go to the sparse reef
  5. catch about 10 reginalds - don't cook them - yet.
  6. jump into the blood kelp area. (prawn arm setup - Claw/ no special arm and grappler)
  7. keep going deeper, (and practice your prawn skills on the giant cave crawlers)
  8. go into the part of the blood kelp where the LR entrance is, and avoid the ampeels.
  9. Go into the LR, (avoid the single crabsquid that lives near the entrance)
  10. Go down into the lost river, stay in the brine to avoid detection by river prowlers
  11. Find and raid the secondary research facility(if you already haven't), don't be alarmed if you hear a seadragon, You're hearing it through a wall.
  12. Go through the cove tree area, pick up 3 sulfur (if you don't have the jump jet)
  13. Equip Prop cannon if you have it.
  14. go into canyon, avoiding lava larvae (if one does grab onto your suit, leave the suit and take out the powercells. it will swim away. the knife didn't work for me.)
  15. use the thermoblade on a Reginald (if you're hungry)
  16. equip drill arm and de - equip prop cannon and grapple hook, grab 5 kyanite (again, if you don't already have the jump jet / thermal reactor upgrades)
  17. re -equip prop cannon (if you have it) and grapple hook
  18. go through ILZ chamber, take note of how the reaper skeletons have goatees (the classic evil villain facial hairstyle)
  19. find lava castle
  20. circle lava castle until you see 2 warpers or the door (the 2 warpers are right next to the door) hide in pillars if attacked by a seadragon
  21. go through the door, avoid lava
  22. Jump on cable , then enter door
  23. unlock doors, grab keys / blueprints. mine for ion crystals. ( the robots die from 3 hits from a knife)
  24. leave, repeat steps 4 - 23, backwards (avoid temptation to enter ALZ, you have no reason to. yet.)*
* note - if main facility is added when you're reading this, and you have the supplies, feel free to knock out that facility as well
ALTRANATE EXIT - USE IF GHOST CANYON TO GRAND REEF NOT SEALED, AND YOU DON'T HAVE THE ORANGE KEY
  1. Go into ghost canyon
  2. exit ghost canyon into grand reef
  3. enter dregasi base through upper hatch on 3rd floor
  4. grab orange key and coffee dispenser (why not?)
  5. leave, dodging crabsquids
  6. leave grand reef through bloodgrass entrance

And you're done. Comment if it worked for you, and feel free to repost - (just give me credit)

You're welcome-
-Kingkuma