The Lava War Thread

Comments

• Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    This would make a really nice board game irl...

Agreed, I shall start work on it :)! Quick side note... I may be joining the battle soon (if @Enderguy059 and I come to an understanding).

I wasn't going to say anything, but @the_mariner is right. @Nautical_Nick The truth is that, for some reason, you abbandoned the warpers, and @Enderguy059 took charge. He's the leader of the warpers. He transformed the party into a powerful faction. He controls the narrative of the PH/SP. And unless he comes here and says something like you can take actions on the war only when authorised by @Enderguy059, nothing you say will be considered valid.

I also would appreciate if you guys keeps rants outside this thread. This is a Risk roleplayng game, so let's keep that in mind and have fun here. :)
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members

Agreed, I shall start work on it :)! Quick side note... I may be joining the battle soon (if @Enderguy059 and I come to an understanding).

I wasn't going to say anything, but @the_mariner is right. @Nautical_Nick The truth is that, for some reason, you abbandoned the warpers, and @Enderguy059 took charge. He's the leader of the warpers. He transformed the party into a powerful faction. He controls the narrative of the PH/SP. And unless he comes here and says something like you can take actions on the war only when authorised by @Enderguy059, nothing you say will be considered valid.

I also would appreciate if you guys keeps rants outside this thread. This is a Risk roleplayng game, so let's keep that in mind and have fun here. :)

Unless it's a rant about Risk Role playing games. ;)
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members

@Soul_Rider was working on something similar I think... Maybe you two could work together?
  • ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The Dunes Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Members
    edited January 2017
    Can't wait for res. I move biters from e1, e2 and c1 to c4 to r nforce the front line

I deploy reenforcments in the place of the moved biter.

Bologna. You can wait next time. This thread isn't going anywhere. I've been having some issues in real life so I would appreciate some patience in the mean time so we can remain structured.

- I place one Stalker at Entrance Corridor 2 (E2)

- I move one Reaper from Entrance Corridor 2 (E2) to Entrance Corridor C (EC) (Move negated)

End turn.

GENERAL CARRIE TAKES CONTROL

With Bonecruncher's apparent death, General Carrie, a veteran from the war between the Shoal and the Confederacy, takes command, and is eager to swim into battle with her allies.

Carrie stated that Bonecruncher went away to see family when he disappeared for a while before the war esculated, but in reality, Reapers know that Bonecruncher is not engaged with any mate. It was instead used as a codeword for reinforcements, the gathering of the Leviathan Tribes to take on the Sea Emperor.

Carrie feels very emotional about the apparent loss of Bonecruncher, so much so that it is rumored that the two were mates in secret. There is evidence from both Carrie and Bonecruncher of scars that indicate that they were involved with mating rituals, a violent display among Reapers causing many temporary bruises and scars in the process. There has been no official confirmation. One thing is for certain though; Carrie is out for vengeance.

Attempts have been made to contact Bonesharks and convince them to join the Devorandum Confederacy; no clear reports of success or effectiveness have been displayed.
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    Can't wait for res. I move biters from e1, e2 and c1 to c4 to r nforce the front line

Bologna. You can wait next time. This thread isn't going anywhere. I've been having some issues in real life so I would appreciate some patience in the mean time so we can remain structured.

- I move one Reaper from Entrance Corridor 2 (E2) to Entrance Corridor C (EC)

End turn.

With Bonecruncher's apparent death, General Carrie, a veteran from the war between the Shoal and the Confederacy, takes command, and is eager to swim into battle with her allies.

Carrie stated that Bonecruncher went away to see family when he disappeared for a while before the war esculated, but in reality, Reapers know that Bonecruncher is not engaged with any mate. It was instead used as a codeword for reinforcements, the gathering of the Leviathan Tribes to take on the Sea Emperor.

Carrie feels very emotional about the apparent loss of Bonecruncher, so much so that it is rumored that the two were mates in secret. There is evidence from both Carrie and Bonecruncher of scars that indicate that they were involved with mating rituals, a violent display among Reapers causing many temporary bruises and scars in the process. There has been no official confirmation. One thing is for certain though; Carrie is out for vengeance.

Attempts have been made to contact Bonesharks and convince them to join the Devorandum Confederacy; no clear reports of success or effectiveness have been displayed.

Can't move units yet, Res. This turn is deployment only. Only next turn. Move cancelled.

@subnauticambrian, I think everyone already deployed. Could you update the map, please?
    @ResolutionBlaze Take the time you need. We are not going to rush you if you have IRL issues to deal with now. But, just consider this idea (you don't need to go with it if you don't like): it would be good if you could nominate someone to take reins temporarily in case you can't do it when it's your turn, just as @the_mariner did with @Ralij. Please, consider it for the future, k?
  • the_marinerthe_mariner US of A Join Date: 2016-12-29 Member: 225653Members
    edited January 2017

- I move one Reaper from Entrance Corridor 2 (E2) to Entrance Corridor C (EC)

End turn.

Can't move units yet, Res. This turn is deployment only. Only next turn. Move cancelled.

@subnauticambrian, I think everyone already deployed. Could you update the map, please?
    No, I don't think @Casual_Player and @Enderguy059 still haven't gone yet. If I'm mistaken, my apologies.
    Can I still continue my search logs for finding Bonecruncher? And once that story is finished, will Noble Cleanser be available as a unit?

All Combat Personell, Warp to ILZ Entrance C. We're about to go to war.

@the_mariner, looks like you are right. @Enderguy059, you may deploy your reinforcements at one of the territories with an E (E1, E2...). You can't execute moves of armies yet.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    @ResolutionBlaze Take the time you need. We are not going to rush you if you have IRL issues to deal with now. But, just consider this idea (you don't need to go with it if you don't like): it would be good if you could nominate someone to take reins temporarily in case you can't do it when it's your turn, just as @the_mariner did with @Ralij. Please, consider it for the future, k?

If worse comes to worse, I could take over the move if @ResolutionBlaze takes more than a day to reply.

I will try to lead the Reapers as Bonecruncher did. With no mercy for the enemy.

I just hope General Carrie can lead as much as possible, violence is something of a lesser nature for me.
    Skope wrote: »

If worse comes to worse, I could take over the move if @ResolutionBlaze takes more than a day to reply.

I will try to lead the Reapers as Bonecruncher did. With no mercy for the enemy.

I just hope General Carrie can lead as much as possible, violence is something of a lesser nature for me.

If @ResolutionBlaze agrees with that, then it's fine by me.
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members

Do I seriously have to say this again? (No rolepaly filter) So I went on a trip for a while (with no Wi-Fi) and while I was gone my account fritzed out. I obviously fixed it but when I got back things spiraled out of control. Also, @Engerguy059 said yes :)!
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    I place 1 Agent upon E2 at ECC.

/Operation Log - 3\ Things had been getting tense even before I made it to the ILZ entrance from the Tree Cove. It seems that the Father of Flames was preparing for a war with the Aboveworlders, as nearly every square meter of the corridor I was moving through was patrolled by Lava Lizard packs and Lava Larvae shoals. Every once in a while, I would come across a crabsquid, obviously a 4th division paratrooper overseeing the various troops present. I cannot thank @Enderguy059 enough for installing the Optical Deflection Module, as they sure would've seen me by now.

From what I've heard over news broadcasts through my private Comms Channel that the new Devorandum Leader, General Carrie, has known Bonecruncher on a more... personal level. All the more reason to find the missing General and bring closure to the Aboveworld forces.
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    I place 1 Agent upon E2 at ECC.

/Operation Log - 3\ Things had been getting tense even before I made it to the ILZ entrance from the Tree Cove. It seems that the Father of Flames was preparing for a war with the Aboveworlders, as nearly every square meter of the corridor I was moving through was patrolled by Lava Lizard packs and Lava Larvae shoals. Every once in a while, I would come across a crabsquid, obviously a 4th division paratrooper overseeing the various troops present. I cannot thank @Enderguy059 enough for installing the Optical Deflection Module, as they sure would've seen me by now.

From what I've heard over news broadcasts through my private Comms Channel that the new Devorandum Leader, General Carrie, has known Bonecruncher on a more... personal level. All the more reason to find the missing General and bring closure to the Aboveworld forces.

"Father of flames"
    The most heavy metal sounding name ever.
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    The war map:
    qqre2jg9vban.jpg

Alright, there it is! Things are heating up...
    Also, @Nautical_Nick, I think you and @Enderguy059 should absolutely work together! Two heads are better than one, after all...
    Alright, people

Turn 2

Now, you all are allowed to move troops, attack or fortify a position! Read the manual with the Risk rules, and the map with annotations on the OP, as well as the final rules about territory sharing and combined attacks. Ask about any doubts you may have. And have fun :)

@Jamezorg

Reinforcements: 1 army, to be placed on one of the Entrance territories (E1, E2...). You may move your units to the corridor now.

@ResolutionBlaze

Reinforcements: 1 Stalker, to be placed on one of the Entrance territories (E1, E2...). You may move your units to the corridor now. You may exchange your Reapers for equivalent armies.
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    edited January 2017
    My armies are ready to fight...

I move one of my crabsquids to C and one of my crabsquids to E2!

I make no attacks; not just yet.

Yes, you can move as many armies as you want. You can also execute as many attacks as you want, as long as you have enough armies to do so. :)
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    Yes, you can move as many armies as you want. You can also execute as many attacks as you want, as long as you have enough armies to do so. :)

Edited :)
    edited January 2017
    On the map, now that we have the units on the map, could we get rid of all the pictures on the side?

I keep on thinking that they're actual troops.

EDIT: How did that Reefback get so far ahead?
  • ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The Dunes Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Members
    edited January 2017
    I'm wondering if I can move one unit a space and then use the collective group to attack.

- I move 1 Reaper from E2 to EC

- I move 1 Reaper from E1 to E2

- I attack OG with 2 1 Reaper Leviathan.

THE DEVORANDUM STRIKES FIRST

We await word of the first few casualties with the first battle to take place in the Outer Gate of the Lava Zone.

Carrie is determined to get through the corridors as soon as possible.
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    I do the same as I did last theme that you revoked.
    edited January 2017
    I'm wondering if I can move one unit a space and then use the collective group to attack.

- I move 1 Reaper from E2 to EC

- I move 1 Reaper from E1 to E2

- I attack OG with 2 Reaper Leviathans.

THE DEVORANDUM STRIKES FIRST

We await word of the first few casualties with the first battle to take place in the Outer Gate of the Lava Zone.

Carrie is determined to get through the corridors as soon as possible.

The Collective attack rule is for two allied factions to attack at a territory the same time.

"Combined Attack
    If on agreement, players sharing the same territory can attack a single territory at the same time. This action counts as a turn for all of the involved allied factions. Upon execution the Combined Attacks, the players involved on this action must wait for their next turns to come."

-I don't understand your first move. You are moving a reaper to the Corridor (C), right?

-For your attack on OG, if you attack with both Reapers, you will not have an accupying army on C. You can, however, attack OG with 1 Reaper and 2 Stalkers (on the last war thread, 1 Reaper = 3 Stalkers, if I got that right). Would you like to go with this way? With a Reaper and 2 Stalkers @ResolutionBlaze ?

@Skope, the armies at the sides are the occupying armies a territory has. On the Aboveworld Alliance, allied factions can share a territory. Just like a normal game of Risk.

"Territory Sharing
    The territories will be shared by allied factions. All the factions will still receive their reinforcements at the start of the turn according to their occupied territories, be they shared or not.If na opposing faction attacks and conquers a shared territory, that territory is lost to everyone sharing it, until it is retaken. An occupied territory by one faction can be also occupied by another faction, as long as the second faction places na occuping army on said territory. There are no limit of factions that can share the same territory. The armies of the Empire count as a single faction, besides some armies of this faction having powers of their own."

As for the reefback, it was suposed to be on E2. I guess @subnauticambrian put the army there when @the_mariner didn't edited his post according to the rules. Just a goof.

@phantomfinch, noted. When your time comes next, I'll copy your last orders and paste them here.
  • the_marinerthe_mariner US of A Join Date: 2016-12-29 Member: 225653Members
    edited January 2017
    On the map, now that we have the units on the map, could we get rid of all the pictures on the side?

I keep on thinking that they're actual troops.

EDIT: How did that Reefback get so far ahead?
    Originally, I put my move as moving one reinforcement reefback to E2. This was before I realized that you were unable to do that during Turn 1. Apparently, @subnauticambrian forgot to take this into consideration when making the map.
    EDIT: Ignore this post. When I refreshed the page, I realized that I had posted right after Casual explained about the reefback situation. Sorry about that.
    This is where we are rolling the dices:

https://rolz.org/dr?room=Subnautica

@ResolutionBlaze, I took the liberty of calculating this attack. Because of Risk rules, the maximn of armies that can constitute a single attack are 3, then 1 Reaper can do this by itself. Dice rolls are:

Devorandum Confederacy: 6, 5 and 2

Lava Empire: 1

The Entrance A has the 4th Division Crabsquids. They have the "Ion Suicide" power, this being:
    "If an area that was controlled by the 4th division is taken over, there is the chance to detonate a Crabsquid in a nearby area, killing one unit of the attacking force. This obviously kills the Crabsquid who explodes. Can only be used once per turn."

So, @ResolutionBlaze occupies the OG territory of the Entrance A with 2 Stalkers (1 Reaper = 3 Stalkers, if I remember correctely from the other thread). If you follow the suggestion, you can have an additional of 2 Stalkers at OG, because of that second attack you tried to make.

Conglatulations, @ResolutionBlaze, for having the first victory of the war!
    @phantomfinch and @Casual_Player next.

@phantomfinch, you will receive 2 armies as reinforcement. Can only be placed at one of the E territories.

@Casual_Player: 2 PRAWNS.

@phantomfinch, you will receive 2 armies as reinforcement. Can only be placed at one of the E territories.

First stop talking to yourself

Second I place the reenforcments with the other biter reenforcments in the entrance.

Second I place the reenforcments with the other biter reenforcments in the entrance.

I do this to not lose myself here.

Also, you can only move units to adjacent territories. So, from what I'm getting, you want to move all of your armies one territory up, with the reinforcements being left to serve as occupiying armies?

At least he doesn't tell himself that he can't put his troops in the non- E areas.

I would be just a bit worried then.

I do this to not lose myself here.

Also, you can only move units to adjacent territories. So, from what I'm getting, you want to move all of your armies one territory up, with the reinforcements being left to serve as occupiying armies?

Precisely.

At least he doesn't tell himself that he can't put his troops in the non- E areas.

I would be just a bit worried then.

Thats already happened. He started of as aurora, then copied himself to become Hal.

Or he did a RVB and fragmented his emotions. (Wait does that mean that there is a hate emotion that just dislikes me?)
    I used multiple characters, but only one at a time. Aurora is the leader. HAL is a general of the FMMA. All of them have their own unique personalities.It will be easier to think they are not an artificial inteligence anymore. But individual beings on a structured hierarchy.