basebuilding

basebuilderbasebuilder Join Date: 2017-01-19 Member: 226969Members
edited January 2017 in Ideas and Suggestions
we should create a command room where you can control all the lights inside and outside your base as well as power bulkhead doors and even draining systems inside the base

Comments

• jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    but when the base floods the power goes out. So if it could control draining systems. And the base floods. Then you fix the leaks and and the draining systems off you will have a base full of water. I don't really see a point if this
  • RobertClaypoolRobertClaypool Camby, IN, USA Join Date: 2017-01-20 Member: 226985Members
    There is no need for the power to go out when the base floods. It really depends on things like the power generation source and insulation. The power mechanisms can be better proofed against flooding than the base itself.
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    I'd rather they created a console that's buildable that allows you to change the lighting color, brightness and of course an on and off option. I want to sit in my multipurpose room with my alien containment and watch the luminescent fish and plants.
  • LordSingulothLordSinguloth Join Date: 2017-01-19 Member: 226955Members
    I'd rather they created a console that's buildable that allows you to change the lighting color, brightness and of course an on and off option. I want to sit in my multipurpose room with my alien containment and watch the luminescent fish and plants.

God yes please do this what a spectacular idea.
  • almisamialmisami Join Date: 2017-01-22 Member: 227094Members
    To iterate on Requiemfang's idea:

A buildable panel that snaps like a window/reinforcement.

It allows you to do the following:
    • Turn the lights on and off (lighting color and brightness could also be a nice addition, don't know how it's programmed into the engine)
    • Turn the outside lights on and off...
    • TOGGLE THE WATER FILTRATION MACHINES
    • Toggle on or off all battery chargers.

Now, for the really TL;DR version that could easily be implemented by a drunken dev on a saturday night:

Give me a panel with a HUGE ORANGE BUTTON called POWER SAVE MODE (turns off everything except oxygen generation, lets the power generators accumulate charge) that makes the base essentially offline for when I'm not using it or when I feel like watching glowing fish.