[BUG]Sunrise appears to be stuck[43278 Jan 2017]

MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
Hi

The latest experimental patch just came in and something odd is happening. It was night and then sunrise occurred. But the sun appears to be stuck on the horizon. It's not climbing any higher in the sky. :D

Comments

• MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    Still happening. In 43393

However, it seems to happen when I surface during sunset or sunrise and stay motionless on the surface. The sun never climb higher or sinks lower than the horizon. Even if I save a game and then relaunch it (whilst on the surface) the sun remains motionless. However, if I start swimming then sunrise/set commences.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    thats one weird bug ive never heard of before lol

Could you try to build a solar panel to see if the sun intensity fluctuates (maybe its just a graphic bug)

Alternatively you could try the console commands Day/Night to try to ''unstuck'' the cycle. who knows it may work
    I will try it. Again the sun got stuck but this time swimming didn't fix it. Saving and reloading fixed it. Weird.
    Playing on 43407

Looking at the Say/Night scalar. The numbers are hardly moving. It sticks at a given value for a few seconds then jumps at the last four digits value. I have sat here for ten minutes now and it's still night time. Not sure what's going on here devs.
    Day/Night scalar readout:

3:32 pm 0.93301665

3:37 pm. 0.9405975

3:42 pm. 0.9469604

As you can see from the recorded values at five minute intervals, the values are vary slow in progression.

Twenty five minutes now and it's still night time.
    KK, here's something's vary odd that I have noticed. If I look straight ahead (parallel to the ground or surface) whether on the surface or submerged, then the day night values slow to a crawl. If I look down at my feet the values return to what I sssume is the correct rate.

When I say look at my feet I mean I have to look literally straight down. If I angle my viewpoint up just a fraction, enough so that I can still see my flippers, then the values down to a crawl.
    Further: I notice that if I am, for example, on the surface and I am looking at "empty" landscape, i.e., there's nothing but horizon, then the D/N cycle counter is vary slow, but if I look at an object it speeds up. I was on the surface with the front of the Aurora just a few feet away from me. If I looked at the plain horizon with the Aurora behind me I get a slow D/N counter, but if I turn around and look at the Aurora the counter speeds up.